Sajana have over 20 years of experience in IT, including 15 years in Business Analysis and 5 year in Business Development – banking and capital markets domain. She has been a business analysis mentor and coach for over a decade now and has impacted over 1000 business analysts through her training programs. Being an avid agile enthusiast, she is passionate about exploring innovative ways in which agile can be applied to derive tangible and measurable learning outcomes. Her research work ‘Transforming Learning through Agility’ was published in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development in Dec 2020. In Aug 2020, she founded my own training company ‘Interactive Learning Solutions’ which specializes in Business Analysis trainings. Prior to training, she was in a full-time role with Mphasis Software Services as Associate Practice Manager for Business Analysis Competency group till Jan 2015. She was also heading the Risk and Compliance pre-sales team in Mphasis and provided guidance in conceptualizing go to market solutions and frameworks. She is CBAP certified, CSM and IC Agile certified Agile coach.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional
- (CBAP) from IIBA
- Certified Scrum Master from Scrum
- IC Agile Certified Agile Coach
- Business Analysis Fundamentals,
- ECBA/CCBA/CBAP Workshop,
- Soft Skills
- Agile scrum framework,
- Agile for testing
- Facilitation skills for business analysts,
- Banking Basics,
- Anti-Money Laundering,
- Business Analysis and Pre-sales
Position title : Business Analysis/Agile Trainer
Duration : Feb 2015- Till Date
- Conducting training need analysis
- Developing customized training programs
- Expert in creating blended learning programs using Learntron and Coursera.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the trainings along with L&D
- Post training mentoring of participants on the project
- Developing Key Performance Metrics (KPI) along with HR to measure performance in projects.
- Coach Business Analysts to successfully achieve ECBA/CCBA/CBAP/AAC certifications
- Developed a competency-based training method whereby after a concept has been taught the same is reinforced using case studies, role plays, group assignments, fun games, home assignments.
Company : Meytier Consulting Inc
Position title : Independent Consultant – Product Owner
Duration : June 2019 – Mar 2020
- Conduct Backlog Refinement/prioritization of user stories
- Writing epics and User Stories and defining Acceptance Criteria
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Developing product strategy/roadmap/vision
- Vendor management
- Negotiating timelines/budgets
- Conducting Sprint Planning and Sprint retrospectives
Company : Mphasis Software Services Ltd
Position title : Associate Practice Manager of Business Analysis Competency Group
Duration : May 2007 – Jan 2015
- Lead Business Analyst for large accounts like JP Morgan Chase, Vodafone, Jet Airways, JetLite
- Analyze business problems and produce business case, functional solutions specific to business need.
- Analyze Clients business requirements and processes through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
- Program managed a large data migration project involving reference data management and data transformation techniques like data mapping, standardization, cleansing, migration, and remediation.
- Led the risk and compliance presales team and provide guidance in conceptualizing go to market risk solutions/frameworks and proactive bids.
- Coaching and Mentoring the new business analysis recruits in the organisation
- Efficiently collaborate with global technical and subject matter experts (Financial Analysts, Risk Managers, and Project Managers) to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs; proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risks while collaborating with the Senior Management.
- Worked with US and UK clients and have been on onsite assignments in UK and Germany.
- Proficiency in understanding regulations like FATCA, AML, Dodd Frank, UDAAP/TCF, KYC compliance
- Sound knowledge of client onboarding space and regulations impacting the same.
- Evaluated risk products like Bwise, Metricsstream to identify potential opportunities in the same.
- Ensuring effective utilization of the team and allocation of resources to appropriate projects
Company : IGate Solutions
Position title : Assistant Manager (Pre-sales)
Duration : Jan 2003 – April 2007
- Led the proposal management team in telecom business unit.
- Understanding client business problem and drafting functional solution
- Liaising with technical, pricing, legal, sales and support teams to gather data required for proposal.
- Developing corporate presentations for client visits and events
- Developing marketing content/banners for corporate website
- Was placed 1 year on 3G Mobile project in Berkshire, UK where I was responsible for creating functional specifications, technical specifications, user guides and presentations for client.
Company : GurukulonlineSystems and Krave Multimedia
Position title : Team Lead
Duration : Jan 2000 – Nov 2002
- Developing customized elearning content based on learner needs.
- Review all technical content and approve the same.
- Designing the eLearning interfaces