Mr. Peter Cheong is a highly accomplished, skilled and certified corporate IT trainer with diverse knowledge of conducting training sessions for technical professionals both in areas of Server,Networking and Security. He has extensive 25 years of experience in IT training and consulting using various Microsoft technologies and Cisco Technology.
Mr Peter Cheong was work as RPG Programmer, Software Application Engineer, Network Engineer ,System Administrator ,Group IT Manager , Microsoft Certified Trainer (2009-2020) and APAC Motorola Solutions Certified Technical Trainer. Conduct Motorola Astro System for Malaysia Police Force, Taiwan Navy and Jakarta Polda Metro Police Force. Also work as IT Lecturer in Lithan for SEA Conducting IT Diploma. Lastly work As Server trainer to train Tier 1,2 Microsoft Partner for Sales and Technical Team like Dell SEA Partner
Mr. Peter Cheong possess excellent technical problem solving and communication skills and believe in giving the real essence of technology to the participants. His uniqueness lies in conducting his classes with ease and clarity making participants understand even the most complex subject.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) Since 2009
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server 2012 /2016
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- PSMB Approved Trainer.
- Exin Information Security
- Motorola Astro Trunking System 7.6 – 7.9
Position Title : Freelance Technical Trainer
Duration : March 2013 – present
- Primarily responsible for delivering training on technical courses.
- Specializes in Microsoft System, Novell SuSE Linux, Cisco and Motorola Astro 25 system and CompTIA
- Conducts specialized training for engineers, personnel and certification candidates such as CCNA
Company : The W Group
Position Title : IT Manager (System Engineering)
Duration : Sept 2012 – March 2013
- Project implementation for CCTV, IT infrastructure, optical fibre, server, networking, SAN storage, software internal support, WAN support for 17 subsidiaries of the company.
Company : Motorola Solutions
Position Title : APAC Technical Instructor
Duration : Sept 2010 – Aug 2012
Project box office
- Conducted network training to end users.
- Provided wireless and network implementation.
- Conducted Motorola network system classes.
- Arranged staging for radio sites.
Company : New Horizons Malaysia
Position Title : Senior Technical Trainer
Duration : March 2010 – Sept 2010
- Certified Microsoft Trainer 2010 (MCT)
- Conducted Microsoft Window Server 2k3/2k8
- Conducted Cisco CCNA/CCENT and CompTIA
Company : Henikwon Corporation Sdn Bhd
Position Title : Network Administrator
Duration : Dec 2007 – Mar 2010
Responsibility : –
- Maintained existing network infrastructure, web site and email administrator.
- Maintained end-user support for 70 personal computers.
- Maintained 2 units of Window Server 2003 Enterprise & SQL Server
- Backup & restore for server.
- Maintained LCD display & CCTV.
- Maintained Juniper firewall and load balancer.
- Support PABX key phone system
- Setup business meeting events
- Defined IT policies and documentation
- Supported time management system, payroll and door access system
- Setup OKTA international meeting events and Korean unify international meeting events
Company : Juken Technology Engineering Sdn Bhd
Position Title : IT cum Planning Officer
Duration : Apr 2006 – Nov 2007
Responsibility : –
- Cisco Router and 75 PCs LAN/WAN and WIFI
- VPN link to Singapore
- Oracle system
- Planning and logistics
- Maintained all email user accounts.
- Implement Barcode system and warehouse management.
Company : Proflex Integration (Singapore)
Position Title : Sales Technical Manager
Duration : Dec 2003 – Feb 2006
- Implemented POS, HR, Barcode and Time clock system.
- Installation and setup of LAN/WAN networking
- Setup of server and computers
- Designed and implemented TCP/IP Intranet and Internet network
- Sale and rental of computers and notebooks
- Cabling networking and hub setup
Company : Prolex Computer Sales & Services
Position Title : Managing Director
Duration : Nov 1998 – Dec 2002
- Implemented POS, HR, Barcode and Time clock system
- Sale, rental and setup of computers and servers
- Cabling networking and hub setup
- Maintained and supported more than 30 PCs and servers for an Internet Cafe
- Customized program In Foxpro.
- Networking support, implementation, administration and design
- IT network infrastructure (LAN/WAN)
Company : Visual Solution (M) Sdn Bhd
Position Title : Software Application Engineer
Duration : Dec 1995 – Oct 1998
- Setup, designed, supported an implemented human resource system software for customer
- HR System (Payflex/ Manflex /Timeflex Software).
- Barcode reading system and time clock machine (ELID/CIS CLOCK)
- Customised Payroll Program.
- Installed, Maintained and Supported Elid /CIS
- Remote modem communication setup.
- RS 422/232 data cable linkage knowledge for time clock.
- Network LAN/WAN TCP/IP Microsoft Server.
- End user training for Payflex/Timeflex/ Manflex Software.
- Setup Microsoft Server and Lotus Notes.
Company : Yeo Hiap Seng Ltd (Singapore)
Position Title : RPG/400 programmer
Duration : Feb 1995 – Nov 1995
- RPG 400, SQL, Famas 4000 in AS400 environment.
- Sales analysis system and ad hoc project.
- Data verification and posting in AS400 environment.
- Data import and export in between AS400 and PC environment
Company : PC House Computer
Position Title : Sales Executive
Duration : Feb 1994 – Apr 1994
- Promotion of printers, PC and server as well as accounting software.
- Installation of hardware for PC and training Users.
Company : D & E Trading
Position Title : Programmer Assistant
Duration : Jan 1992 – Sept 1993
- Debugged and tested for sub-program in C & Fox-Pro.
- Installed application and operating system software and PC hardware
- Modified, complied, and tested sub program and linkage program
- Customised and designed programs and documentation
Company : R.Y. B Electrical
Position Title : Wireman (Supervisor)
Duration : Dec 1989 – Dec 1991
- Overall duties involved in electrical wiring.
TRAINER’s CLIENTS BASE
Below are some of the customers that have benefited from his expertise:
- Polis DiRaja Malaysia
- Taiwan Navy
- Harbinger Taiwan
- Jakarta Police
- New Horizon (Malaysia)
- Sony ECMS.