Starting FromRM 2800.005 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course is designed for those who are interested in learning network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. This course is also suitable as a basis for higher learning in networking courses.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical lab exercises.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand various network topologies
- Understand what is repeaters, hubs, gateway, router, brouter and bridges
- Differentiate categories in Ethernet
- Know how to set up a small network
- Configure share folder permissions
- Understand the differences between Extranet, Internet and Intranet
- The OSI and TCP/IP Models
- The OSI model and network components
- Unit summary : Networking Basics
- Common Networking Protocols
- The Domain Name System
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Common TCP and UDP Ports
- IP Addressing
- Unit Summary – Networking Ports and Protocols
- Installing Routers and Switches
- Unit Summary – Routing and Switching
- Network Topologies
- LAN Technologies
- Wan Technologies
- Virtual Networks
- Unit Summary – Networking Technologies
- Standard Media Types
- Standard Connector Types
- Wiring Distribution Components
- Unit Summary – Media and Connectors
- Implementing a SOHO Network
- Unit Summary – SOHO Networking
- Wireless Standards
- Installing and Configuration Wireless Networks
- Implementing Wireless Security
- Unit Summary – Wireless Networking
- Network Hardware Tools
- Network Software Tools
- Monitoring and Analyzing Network Traffic
- Optimizing Network Performance
- Network Appliances
- Unit Summary – Monitoring and Optimization
- Network Access Security Methods
- User Authentication
- Unit Summary – Network Access
- Network Security
- Threat Mitigation
- Network Security Appliances and Methods
- Installing and Configuring a Firewall
- Unit Summary – Network Security
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Management Documentation
- Troubleshooting Physical Connectivity Problems
- Troubleshooting Routers and Switches
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network Problems
- Unit Summary - Troubleshooting
Ong Kian BoonHave been working in the IT industry since 2004 and exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT and security professionals. With years of experience working with business and management, IT service delivery and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency, user productivity as well as the protection of all these assets.Having started training with Info Trek in 2009, he has been sharing his passion and experiences in Microsoft infrastructure servers, Cisco routing and switching, as well as Novell SuSE Linux. He also specialises in security implementations and audit as no implementation can survive without it.
Muhamad Rezall Bin Roslan
Rezall has been in the IT training industry for about 8 years. He has trained thousands of people on the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. He spent 5 year working in the IT department of a well-known retail company where he was involved in infra technologies and related areas.
Rezall comes across as not only an approachable and reliable trainer but is also liked for his warm, cheerful and pleasant personality.
Mohd Adam KaneStarted training in early 1997 after returning from Singapore and have been actively participating in IT projects and consultation while conducting freelance training. He was a Senior Trainer with Info Trek focus on Unified Communications, Messaging Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure Management and Microsoft Server Systems.He brings to the classroom for all to share his many years of experience in project roll out and consultancy such as Operating System Migration, Messaging Infrastructure Deployment & Migration, System Center Deployment, Data Center Planning & Management, Identity Management, Unified Communication Implementation, Disaster Recovery, Fibre Network Implementation, High Availability Deployment and Network Management.