CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
Starting FromRM 3500.005 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Information security is a crucial field in the world of business. You have experience in this field, and now you're ready to take that experience to the next level. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. You'll apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; support IT governance and risk management; architect security for hosts, networks, and software; respond to security incidents; and more.
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+®) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS-003. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
• Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
• Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
• Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) course or by demonstrating this level of knowledge by passing the exam
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security.
• Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
• Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
• Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
• Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
• Implement cryptographic techniques.
• Implement security controls for hosts.
• Implement security controls for mobile devices.
• Implement network security.
• Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
• Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
• Conduct security assessments.
• Respond to and recover from security incidents.
• Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
• Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
• Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
• Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
• Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
• Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
• Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
• Select Cryptographic Techniques
• Select Host Hardware and Software
• Harden Hosts
• Virtualize Servers and Desktops
• Protect Boot Loaders
• Implement Mobile Device Management
• Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
• Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
• Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
• Implement Advanced Network Design
• Implement Network Security Controls
• Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
• Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
• Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
• Implement Application Security Controls
• Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
• Select Security Assessment Methods
• Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
• Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
• Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis
Ong Kian BoonHave been working in the IT industry since 2004 and exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT and security professionals. With years of experience working with business and management, IT service delivery and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency, user productivity as well as the protection of all these assets.Having started training with Info Trek in 2009, he has been sharing his passion and experiences in Microsoft infrastructure servers, Cisco routing and switching, as well as Novell SuSE Linux. He also specialises in security implementations and audit as no implementation can survive without it.