Course Code: Kanban ; Course Duration: 1 day; Instructor-led
The Kanban Method is a knowledge work management method for teams and organizations that want a humane way of improving their products and services. The Kanban Method teaches organizations how to understand, visualize, and measure systems of work to continually improve and consistently deliver effective results. The Team Kanban Practitioner course is the best first step for getting the work organized by teams and leaders like you. By understanding the core concepts of The Kanban Method and educating individual contributors to be “good Kanban citizens,” you will improve visibility, communication, and collaboration within your team.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions, and practical exercise.
- Understand the basics, motivation, and benefits of the Kanban Method for your team.
- Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve flow.
- Learn how to run Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it.
- Learn how to proceed to the next level with Kanban and apply the first practices in your day-to-day work.
- Become faster and more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
- Understand “Pull” systems and how they help reduce overburdening.
- Learn how to track System Lead Time to build and utilize Lead Time distributions.
- Visualize – Show work and its flow.
- Limit Work in Progress – Stop starting, start finishing!
- Manage Flow – Identify and manage what is preventing work from flowing.
- Make Policies Explicit – Have agreed policies, visible to everyone involved.
- Establish Feedback loops – At the right cadence to provide guidance.
- Improve collaboratively, evolve experimentally – Using the scientific method.
- Start where you are!
- Agree to pursue evolutionary change.
- Acts of leadership at all levels.