Course duration: 2 days; Instructor-led
PRINCE2 Agile® is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®. As with PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile® can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile® is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2 Agile® has been developed to help experienced PRINCE2® practitioners tailor management controls for agile development, while helping ‘agilistas’ understand PRINCE2® governance requirements.
This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts within this Best Practice will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with program and project support functions.
A copy of a valid PRINCE2® 2009 Practitioner certificate is required
This course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
Following the completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation Exam
- Understand the key aspects of PRINCE2®
- Understand basic concepts behind common agile ways of working
- Demonstrate the purpose of combining PRINCE2 with agile
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles and tailor the themes, processes and management
- Products to a project in an agile context
Incorporate the areas that can support a PRINCE2 Agile implementation
- Course opening – briefly, what is PRINCE2 AgileTM? The manual, The exam
- Projects and BAU
- What is agile?
- What is PRINCE2 AgileTM?
- The PRINCE2 AgileTM journey
- PRINCE2® recap
- Hexagon (fix and flex) and the 5 targets
- Processes Intro
- SU & IP (Cynefin)
- Themes Intro
- Case ( + value)
- Requirements, user stories
- Prioritization (and MoSCoW)
- Change theme?
- The feedback loop
- Organization (incl. multi-team)
- Servant Leader
- Wider customer view
- Working Agreements
- Principles & Behaviors
- Agilometer – Risk
- MP – (initial mention of burn charts)
- The use of Work Packages
- Plans – estimation
- Progress (full coverage of burn charts and info radiators)
- Quality (Definition of Done)
- CS – Frequent Releases – then SB, Retrospectives
- PRINCE2® Management products
- Rich Communication (and Workshops)
- Lean Startup
- Health check
- PM tips/Re-cap
- Exam prep