ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation 2018 Duration: 3 days; /21 hours; Instructor-led/ remote online training
Anyone involved in defining, planning, auditing, implementing or managing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful. It is recommended that students have taken the ITIL Foundation examination.
This course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- The operation of the APMG Certification Scheme
- The relationship with best practices and related standards
- What is ISO/IEC 20000?
- Service management
- Relationship with other frameworks and standards
- Best practice
- ISO 9001
- ISO/IEC 27001
- Certification, qualification,
- organizations & roles
- Management System Key Terms and Definitions
- Key terms and definitions
- Policy, process and procedures
- General requirements, responsibilities and reviews
- Context of the organization
- Support of the service management system
- Performance evaluation Improvement
- Service Management System
- 8 Operation of the service management system
- Integrated service management using best Practice
- General Information
- Terms and Definitions
- Types of Audit
- Activities and roles for an audit
- Audit evidence and outcomes
- How Tools Can Support Certification
- Overall ISO/IEC 20000 Summary