Course Duration: 1 day; / 7 hours; Instructor-led/ remote online training
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management individuals whose role is affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
Incident and Change Managers
Other IT and Process Managers
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
This course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
- Understand the scope and purpose of ISO/IEC 20000 and how the various parts of it can be used during auditing and certification
- Know key terms and definitions
- Understand Service Management general principles
- Define the structure, processes, objectives and high-level requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Understand the issues regarding applicability and scope definition
- Differentiate the purposes of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- Comprehend the operation of the APMG Certification Scheme
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices, ITILÅ, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001, and how this can be used to support the achievement of certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Advise and assist in certification readiness assessments to evaluate an SMS against the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Audit organizations to identify conformity and improvements against ISO/IEC 20000-1
By attending this training course, the student will:
- Understand ISO/IEC 20000’s history, purpose and structure, what it is and why we need it
- Be able to correlate between ISO/IEC 20000 key parts and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the certification scheme and process and the benefit of integrating multiple management systems
- Obtain a general understanding of Service Management best practice, it’s benefits and its relationship to ISO/IEC 20000
- Gain knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 key concepts and requirements
- Differentiate the types of audits and audit outcomes
- Learn how to conduct an audit on the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard as an auditor for a RCB or as an internal auditor for their own organization
- Understand how tools support certification
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity- based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
- Training objectives
- Course agenda
- Type of activities
- Course book
- Group activity
- ITIL refresh
- Overview of ITIL key lifecycle phases and outputs
- What is DevOps?
- Challenges leading to DevOps
- A brief history of DevOps
- How DevOps make it easy for a business to work with IT?
- How DevOps drives business performance?
- Why DevOps? (the benefits)
- DevOps core principles
- Defining a DevOps team
- DevOps organization
- Activity-focused vs product-focused
- Automate everything and obtain immediate feedback
- Continuous delivery Culture
- Different starting points
- DevOps journeys
- Case study: EJ airways
- Group discussion: DevOps impact on EJ airways
- ITIL and DevOps complement each other
- Positioning DevOps in ITSM processes
- Why DevOps and ITIL need each other?
- Realization of DevOps teams’ objectives through ITIL
- DevOps teams in EJ airways
- EJ airways baggage handling system: Stop Your Work
- Group discussion: ITSM providing a solid base for DevOps in operation
- Introduction case for design and transition
- Group discussion: ITSM providing a solid base for DevOps in design and transition (optional)
- DASA competence framework
- DASA mission