Course Code: COI; Instructor-led
Senior IT Management, Seniors Business Managers, IT Auditors, IT Managers, IT Quality Professionals, IT Process Owners & Process Managers
- Successful Completion of the COBIT®
- 5 Foundation Exam.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
On completion of this training and exam, candidates will be able to apply the COBIT® 5 good practice continual improvement lifecycle approach to GEIT, tailored to suit the needs of a specific enterprise. In particular to:
- Analyze the enterprise drivers.
- Apply the implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors.
- Assess current process capability (As Is)
- Determine target process capability (To Be)
- Scope and plan improvements
- Consider practical implementation factors.
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls.
- Leverage the latest good practices.
- Apply the COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address these requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
- Purpose of the training
- Learning Outcomes
- Target Audience
- Exam format
- COBIT Implementation introduction
- Understanding GEIT
- Understanding the Context for GEIT
- COBIT recap
- Creating the Appropriate Environment
- Applying a Continual Improvement Lifecycle Approach
- Recognizing Pain Points and Trigger Events
- Recognizing Stakeholders’ Roles and Requirements
- Need for Change Enablement
- Phase 1 — Establish the Desire to Change
- Phase 2 — Form an effective Implementation Team.
- Phase 3 — Communicate Desired Vision
- Phase 4 — Empower Role Players and Identify Quick Wins
- Phase 5 — Enable Operation and Use
- Phase 6 — Embed New Approaches
- Phase 7 — Sustain.
- Phase 1: What are the drivers.
- Phase 2: Where are we now?
- Phase 2: Where do we want to be?
- Phase 4: What needs to be done?
- Phase 5: How do we get there?
- Phase 6: Did we get there?
- Phase 7: How do we keep the momentum going?