Unleash the Power of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
What is Visual Basic for Applications?
In the realm of Microsoft Office and beyond, the term Visual Basic for applications holds the key to unlocking a world of endless possibilities. Info Trek’s course, “Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) For Programmer,” is your ticket to this exciting journey. So, what exactly is VBA? It’s like the magic wand that empowers you to take control of your software. With more than just a basic understanding of VBA, this course caters to those who already know the fundamentals and are ready to dive deeper.
Elevate Your VBA Skills
This course isn’t for the novice; it’s for those who want to supercharge their VBA programming prowess. The journey is structured into modules that cover the building blocks, parameter passing mechanisms, advanced array handling, error handling, and much more. You’ll explore the intricacies of subroutines, functions, event handlers, macros, and user forms, gaining the expertise to write advanced VBA code that can tackle even the most challenging tasks.
Beyond the Basics
Visual Basic for Applications is your gateway to automation and efficiency in the world of Microsoft Office. Whether you’re a seasoned professional seeking to streamline your workflow or an enthusiast looking to enhance your skills, this course will equip you with the knowledge and techniques to go beyond the basics. The power of VBA is at your fingertips, and Info Trek is here to guide you on this transformative journey. So, if you’re ready to unleash the full potential of Visual Basic for applications, join us on this exciting learning adventure. Your VBA adventure awaits!
Course Code: VBA-P; Instructor-led
Any of the Microsoft office users that already knows fundamentals VBA programming. This is not the first VBA course for non-programmer
Before attending this course, students must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Familiarity with the general operations of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Basic knowledge and skill in using Microsoft office application, such as MS-Word, MS-Excel, etc.
- Basic VBA programming
- MS Windows XP Professional SP3 under Virtual PC 2007 environment
- MS Office 2003/2007 (Depends on the target audience)
- Host PC: Any PC and OS that support Virtual PC 2007 with at least additional 1 Giga Byte RAM for Virtual PC.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
This course is aimed to introduce some of the challenging aspects of VBA programming which is not normally known by new VBA programmer
At the end of the course, participant will be able to write more advance VBA code.
- Modular and Event Driven Concepts
- Class Model
- User Form
- Document Model
- Parameter Passing Mechanisms
- Optional Parameter
- Named Parameter
- Variable Parameter with ParamArray
- When to use which?
- Return value from function
- Macro: A special form of Sub
- Event handler: A special form of Sub
- Multi-Dimensional Array
- LBound and UBound functions
- Redim Preserve
- Using Type
- Predefined Constants
- Option Base
- Option Explicit
- Option Compare
- Option Private
- On Error
- On Error Goto
- On Error Resume Next
- For Each
- Abnormal termination with Exit keyword
- The purpose
- How to Declare?
- How to call it?
- The Purpose
- Properties Declaration
- How to use it?
- Dealing with events
- Event Parameters
- Using Declare keyword to extend VBA ability using external DLL
- Advanced Techniques
- Security Concerns
- Common Pitfalls
- Good Practices