Course Code: SDA; Instructor-led
Front-line IT service and support analysts with some experience in a first-line or second-line service desk environment. For analysts looking to grow in their role and gain a recognised qualification in their profession, this course will help them to develop practical skills whilst earning a certificate that endorses their commitment and knowledge.
An SDI© Service Desk Foundation certificate and at least 9 months’ working experience in an IT and support environment
This program will be delivered through SDI© Service Desk Analyst classroom workbook which containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Following the completion of the course, delegates will have:
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies and knowledge required of a professional and effective Service Desk Analyst.
- The essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in line with SDI’s best practice industry standards.
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, how to deal effectively with a variety of situations and how to handle difficult situations.
- Recognizing of the importance of teamwork in the support environment.
- Knowledge of core IT Service Management processes and the role of the Service Desk within these.
- Practical problem solving techniques to help resolve customers’ issues first time.
- An understanding of Service Desk metrics, service level agreements, customer satisfaction surveys, and the latest Service Desk tools and technologies.
- Awareness of the need for developing professional relationships and for displaying respect and cultural sensitivity.
- Practical preparation for passing the Service Desk Analyst examination
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the Service Desk Analyst
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the Service Desk
- To understand the concepts of best practice within the support industry
- To understand the importance of meeting commitments and delivering service excellence
- To determine the attributes, skills and knowledge of a successful Service Desk Analyst
- Determine the meaning of customer service within the IT support environment and identify the key elements for delivering customer satisfaction
- Learn about the importance of teamwork in the Service Desk environment and the value and benefits of developing effective relationships with colleagues and other teams
- Recognize the value, importance and benefits of effective customer relationship management
- Understand the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity in the support environment
- Learn about the importance of effective communication
- Identify ways to ensure your communication is effective
- Determine the requirements for professional call management
- Understand the differences between face to face, telephone and written communication
- Learn about the importance of good listening skills
- Learn about the importance of getting it right when you write
- Understand the value of good questioning skills, and the different types of questions that we ask
- Learn about empathy and how it should be used
- Understand the importance effective conflict management and resolution skills for an SDA
- Learn about the importance of effective negotiation for a Service Desk Analyst
- Learn how to deal with difficult user situations
- Gain a basic understanding of stress: the causes, the symptoms and how to manage it
- Gain understanding of assertive, aggressive and passive behavior
- What is teamwork?
- Effective teams
- The value of trust
- Daily kaizen
- Recognize and understand the importance of Quality Assurance processes
- Understand the importance of effective customer satisfaction surveys
- Learn about three types of popular customer satisfaction surveys used in the Service Desk environment
- Determine the value and benefits of Service Desk measurements and statistics
- Learn about key responsibilities of the Service Desk Incident Management and Request Fulfilment
- Understand the importance of logging all Incidents correctly and clearly
- Gain understanding of the importance and value of SLAs, OLAs and UCs
- Learn about the various sourcing options utilized in the support environment
- Learn about the two types of escalation and the importance of providing timely status updates
- Learn the basics of and recognize the role the Service Desk plays in the main ITSM processes Problem Management – IT Change Management – Knowledge Management – Security Management – Service Continuity Management
- Determine the steps taken during the problem solving process
- Understand the benefits of creative problem solving
- Identify techniques for creative problem solving
- Learn about analytical problem solving skills
- Identify commonly used technologies within the support environment
- Recognize commonly used methods of support
- Understand the benefits and disadvantages of remote control
- Recognize why and how Service Desks can use instant messaging and chat
- Understand the basic anatomy of a network
- Recognize the primary components of laptop or desktop systems
- Identify some common peripheral devices
- Learn the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony
- Understand the purpose, advantages and disadvantages of CTI
- Understand the role of self-service technology in the Service Desk environment
- Understand the role of self-help technology for users
- Determine some common uses for self-service technology
- Understand the advantages and potential disadvantages of self-service technology
- Understand the purpose and advantages of selfhealing technology