Course Code: DO280; Course Duration: 3 days; Instructor-led
This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- System and Software Architects interested in understanding features and functionality of an OpenShift cluster.
- System Administrators interested in the initial establishment of a cluster.
- Cluster Operators interested in the ongoing maintenance of a cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of a cluster.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180), or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions, and practical exercise.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to install, configure, and manage the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate the skills to establish a new OpenShift cluster, perform initial configuration of the cluster, and manage the cluster on a day-to-day basis. One major focus of the course is troubleshooting common problems that will be encountered beyond day one
Learn the components of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and how they interact.
Verify a cluster is installed and healthy.
Configure authentication with an identity provider.
Define and apply role-based access controls and protect sensitive information with secrets.
Identify the components of OpenShift software-defined networking and configure some of the components.
Control which nodes a pod runs on.
Control the size of an OpenShift cluster.
Describe how to perform a cluster update.
Manage the OpenShift cluster using the web console.
Verify, manage, and troubleshoot an OpenShift cluster for enterprise use.