Course Duration: 2 days; Instructor-led
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is the internationally recognized standard for a service management system. It supports the management of the service lifecycle, including the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet agreed requirements, so they deliver value for customers, users and the service provider.
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO/IEC 20000- 1:2018 SMS.
At least one of the following certificates:
- ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certificate
- ITIL Foundation certificate
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
By attending this course you’ll discover how to implement an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018. Using a step-by-step approach with the aid of a toolkit, you’ll learn how to develop an implementation plan, create necessary documentation and implement your SMS. Specifically, the student will be able to:
• Recognize a typical framework for implementing ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
• Interpret key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 from an implementation perspective.
• Identify the benefits specific to your organization in relation to implementing an effective SMS.
• Prepare for third party certification.
• You will have the skills to:
• Conduct a baseline review of an organization’s current position with regard to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
• Create and support the implementation of an action plan.
• Implement key requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
By attending this training course, the student will:
• Become familiar with a typical framework for implementing an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
• Get a sound basis to focus your implementation efforts so that it benefits you and your organization.
• Gain the ability to recognize where adjustments might need to be made, to accommodate your particular situation and progress made to date.
• Increase your knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 key concepts and requirements.
• Develop the skills to conduct your own baseline review of your organization’s current position with regards to ISO/IEC 20000-1
• Understand the certification process and benefit of integrating multiple management systems.
- What is it and why do we need it?
- Structure and uses of ISO/IEC 20000
- Why implement ISO/IEC 20000?
- Relationship with other frameworks and standards
- APMG Certification scheme
- Service Management Best Practice
- Basic principles of the Service Management System
- Contents, purpose, and requirements
- Service management system Clauses
- Context of the organization
- Support of the service management system
- Operation of the service management system
- Performance evaluation
- ISO/IEC 20000 scope and applicability
- Governance of processes operated by other parties.
- Scope statements
- Types of audit and audit outcomes
- How can an organization achieve it.
- What tools can help process implementation.