Course Code: FSMSPD; Duration: 2 Days; Instructor-led
FitSM® Advanced Service Planning & Delivery (SPD) is a training course designed for IT professionals who want to enhance their skills in planning and delivering services in an IT service management environment. The course focuses on providing learners with a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts, principles, and practices of service planning and delivery.
Through this course, learners will gain knowledge and skills in service strategy, service design, service transition, and service operation processes. They will also learn how to manage service portfolios, service catalogs, and service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure
that services are aligned with business needs and expectations.
FitSM® Advanced SPD is an interactive course that combines theoretical knowledge with practical exercises, case studies, and group discussions. The course is designed to equip learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively plan and deliver services in an IT service management environment.
Individuals aiming to fulfil a coordinating role in the ITSM processes related to the planning and delivery of IT services. Candidates who wish to progress to expert level of the qualification and certification scheme.
Must hold FitSM Foundation Certificate
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions and practical exercise.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts, principles, and practices of service planning and delivery.
- Learn how to develop effective service strategies, service designs, and service transition plans that align with business needs and expectations.
- Acquire practical skills in managing service portfolios, service catalogs, and service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure service quality and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively manage resources, collaborate with stakeholders, and optimize service performance to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Learn how to apply the FitSM® standard to plan and deliver services in a lightweight and practical way that is adaptable to organizational needs
- Develop an understanding of the importance of continuous improvement in service planning and delivery.
- Gain insights into best practices for planning and delivering services in an IT service management environment.
By achieving these learning objectives, learners will be better equipped to plan and deliver services effectively, improve service quality and efficiency, and ensure alignment with business needs and expectations. They will also be better prepared to collaborate with stakeholders, manage resources, and optimize service performance to meet organizational goals and objectives. Additionally, learners will be able to apply the FitSM® standard to their specific organizational needs, making it a valuable tool for IT professionals looking to improve their service planning and delivery skills.
- What is a service?
- IT service management
- Service management system (SMS)
- Policies and processes
- Activities and procedures
- What is a process?
- What is FitSM?
- FitSM parts
- FitSM logic
- FitSM: ITSM process framework
- Related standards and frameworks
- ITSM: Benefits and risks in practice
- Challenges in federated IT infrastructures
- Top management responsibility
o Commitment and leadership
o Governance and policies
o Documents and records
o Document control
- Defining the scope of service management
- The PDCA cycle applied to the SMS
o Planning service management (PLAN)
o Implementing service management (DO)
o Monitoring and reviewing service management (CHECK)
o Continually improving service management (ACT)
- Service portfolio management (SPM)
- Service level management (SLM)
- Service reporting management (SRM)
- Service availability & continuity management (SACM)
- Capacity management (CAPM)
- Information security management (ISM)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Supplier relationship management (SUPPM)
- Service Operation & Control: Overview of key process interfaces
- Detailed process interfaces: SPM, SLM and CRM
- Detailed process interfaces: SLM, CRM and SUPPM