Course duration: 5 days; Instructor-led
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-006). A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills. To meet this prerequisite, you can take either of the following LogicalCHOICE courses, or have equivalent experience:
• Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
• Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
In addition, we highly recommend that you hold the CompTIA A+ certification, or have equivalent skills and knowledge. You may want to take the LogicalCHOICE course CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) to gain those skills and knowledge.
This course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
• Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
• Describe bounded network media.
• Identify unbounded network media.
• Identify the major types of network implementations.
• Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
• Implement routing technologies.
• Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
• Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
• Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
• Describe basic concepts related to network security.
• Prevent security breaches.
• Respond to security incidents.
• Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
• Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
• Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
• Networking Overview
• Network Standards and the OSI Model
• Network Types
• Identify Network Configurations
• Data Transmission Methods
• Copper Media
• Fiber Optic Media
• Bounded Network Media Installation
• Noise Control
• Wireless Networking
• Wireless Network Devices and Components
• Install a Wireless Network
• Physical Network Topologies
• Logical Network Topologies
• Ethernet Networks
• Network Devices
• The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
• IPv4 Addressing
• Default IP Addressing Schemes
• Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
• IPv6 Address Implementation
• Delivery Techniques
• Enable Static Routing
• Implement Dynamic IP Routing
• Assign IP Addresses
• Domain Naming Services
• TCP/IP Commands
• Common TCP/IP Protocols
• WAN Basics
• WAN Connectivity Methods
• WAN Transmission Technologies
• Unified Communication Technologies
• SAN Implementations
• Cloud Computing
• Introduction to Network Security
• Threats and Attacks
• Authentication Methods
• Encryption Methods
• Physical Security Controls
• Network Access Controls
• Install and Configure Firewalls
• Harden Networks
• Intrusion Detection and Prevention
• Educate Users
• Incident Management and Response
• Basic Forensic Concepts
• Remote Network Architectures
• Remote Access Networking Implementations
• Virtual Private Networking
• VPN Protocols
• Network Monitoring
• Configuration Management Documentation
• Network Performance Optimization
- Network Troubleshooting Models
Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues