Name : Michiel Roelof De Boer
Nationality : Dutch
- Certified in Governance (COBIT 5)
- Expert degree, ITIL Services Management, and certified in all ITIL modules
- High Performance Organisation transformation (Lean, Agile, DevOps and Digital Transformation)
- Organisational change and coaching
- Demographic Modeling of Organization
- EUR ING, Electronics, Computer science, Bachelor
Michiel (born 1966) gained his experience in various local and international companies worldwide. In these organizations he has executed roles as a Manager, Consultant, Project Manager and Instructor as well as having experience in the finance, automation, industry, airline, logistics, medical, telecommunication and government sectors.
He is experienced in translating business objectives and strategies into manageable deliverables, initiating quick wins and creates an environment for continuous improvement. During his projects Michiel has gained a strong sense for successfully managing sustainable change in the organisation of his customers. His quote “We all know how a tree looks like, but none of us can predict how a tree will grow” emphasizes his experience in organizational change and the complexity that can come with changing behavior, attitude and discipline.
With a management style which is based coaching and team play, He can effectively communicate with the members of the board as well as employees in various levels of an operation and has proven that in many different cultures and industries. Michiel has a strong strategic view on business development and at the same time he is very hands-on in execution.
Michiel has a bachelor’s degree Electronics and Information Technology from the University “Rijks Hooge School” Groningen and Demographic Essential Modelling of Organizations at the Technical University Delft, both in the Netherlands. He is certified in ITIL (Master level) Project Management (PRINCE2) and IT Governance (CobiT) and he is a founding member of the Malaysian chapter of the IAOP and a founder of the Malaysian chapter of the ITSMF. Michiel is Director Consulting Asia for Quint Wellington Redwood. He has an excellent 26-year track record in consulting, project and organisational change management in numerous international organizations.
- COBIT (4.1 and 5) Foundation
- COBIT 5 Implementation
- Sourcing Governance Foundation
- Prince2 Foundation
- Lean IT Foundation
- AQRO Foundations (HR Transformation)
- Change Management Foundations & Practitioner
- Management of Risk Foundations & Practitioner
- Management of Portfolios Foundations & Practitioner
- Managers Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL V2)
- ISO20000 Foundations
- ITIL V3 Managers Bridge
- ITIL V3 Expert
- ITIL Intermediate SO; ST; SD; SS; CSI; SOA; OSA; RCV
- ITIL Practitioner
- DEVOPS Fundamentals
- DEVOPS Enable and Scale
- SIAM Foundations and Accredited trainer
- APMG Approved trainer Change Management
- APMG Approved trainer Management of Risk
- APMG Approved trainer AQRO (HR Transformation)
- APMG Approved trainer Lean IT
- APMG Approved trainer Sourcing Governance
- APMG Approved trainer ITIL Foundation and Intermediates SO; ST; SD; SS; CSI; SOA; OSA; RCV
- ITIL 4 Foundation & Managing Professional
- Agile Project Management Foundation & Managing Professional
- Digital transformation
- High Performance Organizations
- Agile adoption and transformation
- Scalable Governance and risk management
- DevOps in Asian cultures
- Service Integration and Management
- Organizational change and sustainability
- Performance based Service Management (later Lean Service Management and Lean IT)
- Portfolio, Program and Project management
- IT Service Management
- The value of good practices in a dynamic environment
- The Service Catalogue as success factor in Collaboration
- Sourcing framework as a mechanism to mature customer-vendor relationship
- The Business – IT alignment framework
- He has vast experience in educating managers and senior managers in Service Management, Project management and IT Strategy & Governance worldwide since 1993. His personal objective in these programs is not only to educate these students in how to master the theoretical aspects but also assess them on their skills, and advise/coach on improving their skills.
- Besides his educational experience, Michiel has developed numerous courses himself is the area of ITIL, Risk Management, Sourcing and IT Strategy & Governance, Organisational Change management & Coaching, Supplier management, Digital transformation and Agile and Lean leadership.
Michiel is a frequently invited guest speaker at conferences with C-level audience
- Director of Consulting Asia (2009 – today) for Quint Wellington Redwood with the responsibility for delivery (consulting projects), HR-development and market growth in the Asian region.
- Country manager for Quint Wellington Redwood Malaysia since 2007 where later (2008) included with the responsibility for Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Senior consultant and trainer for Quint Wellington Redwood worldwide (2000 – 2007). Providing Consulting and training services in over 30+ countries over all continents to over 250+ companies in the area’s of Service Management, Project Management, Governance etc.
- Independent consultant and project manager (1998 – 2000). Supported a Dutch engineering firm as a project manager in their Y2K migration. Supported KLM as consultant and project manager in their e-ticketing implementation.
- Service Manager for KPN Telecom, the Netherlands 1997 – 1998. Tasks were to advice and agree on Internet and intranet services to customers of KPN Telecom. Internally in KPN the responsibility was to assure a successful implementation for these projects and manage day to day operations (100+ engineers).
- Acting as a Problem Manager for KPN Telecom, the Netherlands 1995 – 1997. Responsibility was to manage a group of 15 Incident controllers and Problem analyst. The task of this group was to manage escalations and initiate project teams for improvements in a very complex IT Infrastructure. During this time, I have also acted as the chairman of the board of Problem Managers with the responsibility to oversee a wide scale multi-vendor IT-infrastructure managed by 4000+ engineers providing IT services for 40.000+ end users.
- Acting as a Team Manager for KPN Telecom in the Netherlands 1992 – 1995. The responsibility was to manage a team of 20 engineers who maintained a complex data networking environment for KPN Telecom.
2019 – 2020
Agile & Lean transformation and coaching for the Malaysian branch of a large international insurance company
Lean and Agile coach for Malaysian Aviation organization
Creating and Coaching Digital transformation Strategy and roadmap in Malaysian conferencing organization
2018 – 2019
Lean and Agile coach for International Oil and Gas company for their Malaysian location in 2018-2019
Setting up and implementing a Service Management approach based on Lean and Agile principles within DOCOMO Pacific in 2018
2016 – present
Thought leader and co-developer of DevOps approach and materials.
2016 – present
Thought leader and co-developer of SIAM approach and materials.
Lead Consultant in arranging and restructuring a sourcing alignment and contract framework for a Malaysian agri-business leader in.
Program manager and managing consultant for a culture and political wise complex Service Management implementation with a team of 6 consultants. The project objective was to increase efficiency and quality through harmonization of IT processes across several of Telenor Group’s Business Units (BUs) in Asia (Grameenphone, DiGi, dtac and Telenor Pakistan). The project was to focus on basic IT processes, necessary to ensure efficient change within the Telenor Bus and high-quality IT and vendor relationships.
Service architect to develop an end-to end IT-service approach between business; IT departments and suppliers for an international tobacco firm, executed from their shared service centre in Malaysia.
Trusted advisor and programme director in a Malaysian bank with the objective to overcome “bank-Negara” non- compliances and the management of change for the implementation of a service management approach.
2009 – 2010
Project manager for implementing Service portfolio management in a large international Oil & Gas company, executed from Malaysia.
Advisor for Malaysian based Entertainment Company for their Service Management process improvement.
2008 – 2009
Lead consultant for Performance Based Service Management in Malaysian entertainment and hospitality company for their shared service centre.
2007 – 2008
Lead consultant for ISO 20000 implementation in an Australian based network company with branch in Malaysia in 2008. Trusted advisor for a Telecommunication firm in Malaysia in 2007. Task was to advise on their IT governance. (Strategy, sourcing, and Service Management).
Advisor for a Malaysian Airline company in organizing their Demand and Supply structure. Tasks were to assess and advise on their current sourcing landscape.
Advisor for the Capability and Development Program (MDeC) of the Malaysian Government. Tasks are to create awareness and enhance the maturity in the local IT industry in relation service Management and Sourcing. Collaboration and founding member of the local IAOP chapter
2006 – 2007
Program Director for Saudi Telecom. Task was to manage the organisational change and coach a team to implement a performance based (lean) implementation of Service Management (ISO 20000) within the IT organization.
Advisor and Instructor for Sun Korea for a strategic Service Management workshop. The task was to get senior management and consultants of Sun Korea on speed for the delivery of their added value services.
Advisor in IT Service Management implementation for Philips in the Asia region. The task was to kick off the implementation in a rather sceptical environment and set the precedence for implementation.
Advisor for IT Service management implementation for ITC India. Task was to create a tactical approach with senior management ITC to implement Service Management.
Advisor for GE India. The task was to migrate central IT from a Six-Sigma oriented organization to a Service Management oriented organization.
Program Manager for KLM airlines in the Netherlands. Task was to organize ticket-fulfilment on e- commerce base for KLM and its Partner Alitalia and manage the implementation of new technology. Additional effort for the success of this project was to initiate business value chain management.
Advisor for KPN Telecom in the Netherlands. The task was to do conflict resolution and create a second opinion and on a wide scale implementation of Internet technology in the Dutch Ministry of Way and Waterworks by KPN Telecom.