Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
2 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 14 Jun 09:00 - Tue 15 Jun 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
WS-050T00: Migrating Application Workloads to Azure
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This workshop teaches IT Professionals how to migrate existing on-premises workloads and assets to the cloud, specifically to the Microsoft Azure platform. Students learn how to assess and evaluate an existing on-premises environment in preparation for a cloud migration. Students also learn how to monitor and optimize their Azure-based workloads to maximize return on investment (ROI) and use Azure services to protect and manage your virtual machines, applications, and data.
This workshop is for IT Administrators and staff who need to plan, implement and manage migrations of on-premises resources to Azure, or to replicate Azure virtual machines to other Azure locations. They take business requests from workload owners to migrate workloads to the cloud in order to take advantage of the benefits that a cloud-enabled strategy provides over a traditional datacenter approach. This role requires communicating and coordinating with different individuals within an organization’s IT department and business groups, as well as vendors.
• IT Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. In addition, IT administrators should have experience or equivalent knowledge in administering an IaaS Azure infrastructure.
• Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
• Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
• Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
• Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
• Familiarity with using Azure, including the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI and ARM template.
• Understanding of Azure Active Directory and cloud identity management.
• Understanding of management of subscriptions, users, groups, and billing, and Azure policies.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, discussions and practical exercises
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration.
• Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration
• Discover and assess on-premises workloads for migration to Azure
• Obtain deeper profiling of an environment using app dependency mapping and assessment customizations
• Perform an end-to-end migration of on-premises workloads to Azure using Azure Migrate
• Replicate data from an on-premises data center to Azure or to a secondary site
• Migrate data from existing data sources to Azure data platforms using the Database Migration Service
• Secure and manage migrated workloads using Azure Security Center, Azure Backup, and Log Analytics
• Ensure an effective business continuity strategy that includes high availability, disaster recovery
• Back up and protect Azure IaaS virtual machines from any location using the Azure Backup Service
• Define a recovery plan to ensure virtual machines fail over properly before running a full failover
In this module, you’ll learn about the key business and technical drivers leading to a cloud migration, the phases of an Azure migration and tools and services used for each phase. You will learn how to discover and assess your on-premises environments in preparation to migrate the appropriate workloads to Azure.
In this module, you’ll learn about solutions you can use when you need to securely send terabytes of data to Azure. You will learn about the Azure Data Box family of products with both online and offline transfer options. You will then learn about migrating an on-premises SQL Server 2008R2 database to Azure SQL Database Managed Instance (MI), using the Azure Database Migration Service (DMS).
• Azure Data Box
• Database Migration
Lab: Migrate On-Premises SQL Server Database to Azure SQL Managed Instance
In this module, you’ll learn how to prepare the on-premises infrastructure and the Azure components ahead of the planned migration. You’ll also learn how to perform and end to end migration using Azure Migrate Services.
• Overview of Azure Migrate Server Migration
• VMware - Agentless Migration
• VMware - Agent-based Migration
• Securing Migrated Workloads
• Datacenter Migration using Microsoft Migration Factory
Lab: Replicate Virtual Machines to Azure
In this module, you’ll learn about the key components of a business continuity strategy and what is required for a highly available solution. You will also learn how to implement Azure IaaS virtual machine back up using the Azure Backup service. Additionally, you will learn how to replicate Azure VMs to any other Azure location using Azure Site Recovery.
• Azure Backup Overview
• Implementing Azure IaaS Backup
• Azure to Azure Site Recovery
• Application Disaster Recovery
Gerald Hoong Seng Kah
Gerald has 19 years of information technology experience and on community service and event experiences, he excels impressively. He was invited as a speaker for 3 break-out sessions for Microsoft TechED SEA 2008 on SQL Server 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He even participated at the “Ask-The-Expert" booth for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 at the Heroes Launch 2008 and conducted a Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, formerly code-named “Orcas" Metro workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
He was invited as a speaker on various occasions such as during the 2 break-out sessions and 3 instructor-led sessions at Microsoft TechED SEA 2007 on SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 respectively at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. He was also a speaker for an instructor-led session at Microsoft TechEd SEA 2006 on development of web parts using Windows SharePoint Services Version 3.0 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He conducted a few Microsoft Office 2007 Touchdown workshops for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and ISVs. He also conducted a Microsoft Windows Server code-named “Longhorn" Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System workshop for Microsoft Certfied Partners and ISVs.
He was invited as a guest speaker on Microsoft Office 2007 development for the MIND community, which is an active IT community under the helm of Microsoft. He is a committee member of SQL Practitioners Alliance Network (SPAN).
He was the co- speaker and tag team presenter at
the recently concluded World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Las Vegas, USA. He was the only Malaysian presenter among
the other presenters from Asia.
In March 2014, he participated as co-speaker and tag team presenter at the World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Venetian Hotel and Resorts, Las Vegas, USA.
Recently, he conducted a specialized Microsoft SharePoint training and consultancy for a team of 17 people from Carlsberg Group at Carlsberg & Jacobsen Brewhouse in Copenhagen, Denmark.Read More