Vmware vSphere: Troubleshooting (V6.0)
Starting FromRM 12900.005 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This hands-on training workshop provides you with the
Advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware® vSphere® environment. This workshop also increases your skill and competence in using the command line to analyze problems. The workshop is based on VMware ESXi™ 5.1 and VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.1.
To learn more about vSphere administration, go to www.vmware.com/education for other course options
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
- VMware® Certified Professional 5 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Experience with working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
This program will be conducted with Instructor-led training, Live-online, Onsite training and 25% lecture, 75% hands-on lab
At the end of the course, you should gain an understanding of
- the functionality in vSphere 5.1 and be able to do the following:
- Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client, the command line, and log files to diagnose and correct problems in vSphere.
- Configure SSL certificates.
- Troubleshoot networking issues.
- Troubleshoot storage issues.
- Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues.
- Troubleshoot ESXi host issues.
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster issues.
- Troubleshoot VMware vSphere® vMotion® issues.
- Troubleshoot virtual machine issues.
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Using a structured approach to troubleshooting
- Adding the VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to an Active Directory environment
- Using commands to record information about your vSphere configuration
- Locating important log files
- Gathering log bundles for technical support
- Implementing SSL certificates for vCenter Server
- Implementing SSL certificates for ESXi
- Troubleshooting standard switch issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting management network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting distributed switch issues
- Troubleshooting LUN connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting multipathing issues
- Troubleshooting vSphere cluster issues
- Troubleshooting vSphere vMotion issues
- Troubleshooting vCenter Server issues
- Troubleshooting ESXi host issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine state issues
- Troubleshooting VMware® Tools™ installation issues
- Troubleshooting VMware snapshot issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine power-on