Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for Unix & Windows Advanced Administration
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
The Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for UNIX and Windows: Advanced Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced Symantec NetBackup 7.5 software functionality and administrative tasks. This course covers advanced NetBackup topics, including deduplication, NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, virtual machine backups, application backups, NetBackup Search, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database backups
Students must be familiar with the administration and configuration of the platforms that are covered by the course. Students must also have one to three years experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the Symantec NetBackup Administration course plus additional onthe-job experience.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Configure and run backups that use media server and client-side deduplication.
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and using NetBackup Accelerato r.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Replication Director, and Auto Image Replication.
- Configure, run and manage virtual machine backups using VMware.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database recovery.
- Configure and use NetBackup Search to perform queries and searches, and create and release legal and local holds.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, authentication, and authorization.
- Reviewing the NetBackup environment
- Reviewing NetBackup concepts
- Reviewing NetBackup administrative interfaces
- Introduction to NetBackup deduplication
- Configuring NetBackup media server deduplication
- Configuring client-side deduplication
- Managing NetBackup media server deduplication
- NetBackup performance overview
- Isolating bottlenecks
- Addressing bottlenecks
- Tuning NetBackup buffers
- Using NetBackup Accelerator
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Optimized duplication
- Introduction to Replication Director
- Disaster recovery for the NetBackup infrastructure
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Monitoring Auto Image Replication
- Managing and maintaining Auto Image Replication
- Introduction to virtual machines
- Configuring VMware backups
- Managing VMware backups and restores
- NetBackup support for Hyper-V
- NetBackup support for other virtualization solutions