Salt Foundation Training Course - Simplilearn
Starting FromRM 640.706 Hours
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
180 days of access from date of purchase
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
The course is ideal for software developers who want to automate and manage their infrastructure.
Sound knowledge of ZeroMQ and Python programming language is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Learn to install and set up Salt
• Learn how Salt communicates with machines
• Understand various Salt modules and their respective differences
• Comprehend the need for execution modules
• Gain knowledge on Salt state of an infrastructure
• Execute complex state trees
• React to real-time events
• Identify the Salt rest API features
• The Course Overview
• Targeting Minions
• Execution Module Basics
• Common Execution Modules
• Call from Master or Minions
• The Philosophy of Salt’s State System
• Our First State
• Dissect State Functions
• Execution Flow of a State Run
• Debugging States
• Introduction to YAML, Jinja, and Other Renderers
• How to Write Reusable States?
• How to Write Maintainable States?
• YAML and Jinja Best Practices and Gotchas
• Configuring States Using Pillar
• Learning Salt Formulas
• Debugging Jinja
• Glue SLS Files Together
• Defining, Enforcing, and Debugging Execution Orders
• Conditional and Branching Logic During a State Run
• Debugging a State Run
• Sharing Data between Systems with Salt Mine
• Using Salt Orchestrate to Manage Complex State Runs
• An Overview of Salts Event Bus
• Sending Custom Events
• Listening to Events and Trigger Actions with Salts Reactor
• Integrating Salt with External Tools Using Events
• Sending Events Using Beacon Modules
• How to Debug the Reactor and Best Practices?
• Installing and Configuring Salt-API
• Exploring rest cherrypie
• More rest cherrypy Features
• Using Salt-API to Integrate with External Systems
• Wrapping Up and Further Scope