Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
3 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 22 Aug 09:00 - Wed 24 Aug 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
SDA: Service Desk Analyst
What You Will Learn
SDI© Service Desk Analyst encourages students to participate in group exercises and discussions in order to identify the roles and responsibilities of the modern Service Desk. Students debate the skills, knowledge and attributes required for staff to succeed in their roles, learn the importance of customer relationship management, and review the service skills required to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and peers.
The course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilized within the Service Desk. It reviews key issues such as: service level agreements; the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilize.
Front-line IT service and support analysts with some experience in a first-line or second-line service desk environment. For analysts looking to grow in their role and gain a recognised qualification in their profession, this course will help them to develop practical skills whilst earning a certificate that endorses their commitment and knowledge.
An SDI© Service Desk Foundation certificate and at least 9 months' working experience in an IT and support environment
This program will be delivered through SDI© Service Desk Analyst classroom workbook which containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Following the completion of the course, delegates will have:
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies and knowledge required of a professional and effective Service Desk Analyst.
- The essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in line with SDI's best practice industry standards.
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, how to deal effectively with a variety of situations and how to handle difficult situations.
- Recognizing of the importance of teamwork in the support environment.
- Knowledge of core IT Service Management processes and the role of the Service Desk within these.
- Practical problem solving techniques to help resolve customers' issues first time.
- An understanding of Service Desk metrics, service level agreements, customer satisfaction surveys, and the latest Service Desk tools and technologies.
- Awareness of the need for developing professional relationships and for displaying respect and cultural sensitivity.
- Practical preparation for passing the Service Desk Analyst examination
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the Service Desk Analyst
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the Service Desk
- To understand the concepts of best practice within the support industry
- To understand the importance of meeting commitments and delivering service excellence
- To determine the attributes, skills and knowledge of a successful Service Desk Analyst
- Determine the meaning of customer service within the IT support environment and identify the key elements for delivering customer satisfaction
- Learn about the importance of teamwork in the Service Desk environment and the value and benefits of developing effective relationships with colleagues and other teams
- Recognize the value, importance and benefits of effective customer relationship management
- Understand the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity in the support environment
- Learn about the importance of effective communication
- Identify ways to ensure your communication is effective
- Determine the requirements for professional call management
- Understand the differences between face to face, telephone and written communication
- Learn about the importance of good listening skills
- Learn about the importance of getting it right when you write
- Understand the value of good questioning skills, and the different types of questions that we ask
- Learn about empathy and how it should be used
- Understand the importance effective conflict management and resolution skills for an SDA
- Learn about the importance of effective negotiation for a Service Desk Analyst
- Learn how to deal with difficult user situations
- Gain a basic understanding of stress: the causes, the symptoms and how to manage it
- Gain understanding of assertive, aggressive and passive behavior
- Recognize and understand the importance of Quality Assurance processes
- Understand the importance of effective customer satisfaction surveys
- Learn about three types of popular customer satisfaction surveys used in the Service Desk environment
- Determine the value and benefits of Service Desk measurements and statistics
- Understand what the tenn ‘Process Management’ means
- Appreciate the need for effective and well thought out processes and procedures
- Discover an effective set of processes for call handling
- Understand the importance of high-quality call documentation
- Learn about key responsibilities of the Service Desk Incident Management and Request Fulfilment
- Understand the importance of logging all Incidents correctly and clearly
- Gain understanding of the importance and value of SLAs, OLAs and UCs
- Learn about the various sourcing options utilized in the support environment
- Learn about the two types of escalation and the importance of providing timely status updates
- Learn the basics of and recognize the role the Service Desk plays in the main ITSM processes Problem Management - IT Change Management - Knowledge Management – Security Management - Service Continuity Management
- Determine the steps taken during the problem solving process
- Understand the benefits of creative problem solving
- Identify techniques for creative problem solving
- Learn about analytical problem solving skills
- Identify commonly used technologies within the support environment
- Recognize commonly used methods of support
- Understand the benefits and disadvantages of remote control
- Recognize why and how Service Desks can use instant messaging and chat
- Understand the basic anatomy of a network
- Recognize the primary components of laptop or desktop systems
- Identify some common peripheral devices
- Learn the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony
- Understand the purpose, advantages and disadvantages of CTI
- Understand the role of self-service technology in the Service Desk environment
- Understand the role of self-help technology for users
- Determine some common uses for self-service technology
- Understand the advantages and potential disadvantages of self-service technology
- Understand the purpose and advantages of selfhealing technology
Raja Segaran AL Amasi
Raja Segaran Amasi has over 10 years of working experience in ICT operations with large telecommunication and outsourcing companies. During this period, he was involved in multiple projects in process improvement to achieve organizational efficiency.He was actively involved in the setup of an IT service desk and service management best practices process (incident, problem and change management) implementation within the IT support structure. His specialization is in data centre operations and service operations. During his professional career with a large outsourcing company, he was actively involved in ISO20000 certification and in the initial stage of design ITIL based service management process owners for at least 3 processes.Raja Segaran's strengths are his seniority, combining experience and helicopter-view, sense of humour and enthusiasm. He strongly believes that IT is about achieving results together and being a team player. His impressive list of clients included DH: ITSC, Shell IT International, Dell Asia Pacific, HP India, Microsoft Thailand, Microsoft Korea, EMC Australia, Wipro India, Infosys India, Siemens India, Prudential Asia Pacific, Intel Penang, AMD Penang, CSA Penang, Fairchild Semiconductor Penang and MISC. Read More
Kui Tze Lin
Experienced consulting in the IT industry focusing on supporting the operations of supply chain planning and optimizing solutions. Started career in IT as a technical/application support consultant. In less than 2 years, he was promoted as the Team Lead to set up and run 24/7 support operations before taking up the role as an Account Manager in 2017.As a grew up in a family of educators are potential life changers and able to facilitate someone to be successful in life. Since his high school and college days, he enjoyed imparting his knowledge to his peers who needed help by organizing group study sessions. Once he finished his A-level examinations, he was teaching in a primary school for half a year before he started university. After he graduated, he continues to deliver customized 1-on-1 tutoring high school pupils during weekends simply because he loves teaching and helping other. Read More