RH437 : Red Hat High Availability Clustering with exam
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot highly available network services and tightly coupled cluster storage for business-critical applications.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Improve application uptime by using high-availability clustering
• Manage storage in a high-availability environment using iSCSI initiators, HA-LVM or CLVM as appropriate, and GFS2 cluster file systems
• Implement strategies to identify single points of failure in high-availability clusters, and eliminate them
• Review and create the architecture of Pacemaker-based high-availability clusters.
• Review cluster node membership and how quorum is used to control clusters.
• Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
• Create and configure simple resource groups to provide high-availability services to clients.
• Identify and troubleshoot cluster problems.
• Control complex resource groups by using constraints.
• Identify and work around two-node clusters issues.
• Manage iSCSI initiators for access to shared storage.
• Configure redundant storage access.
• Manage clustered LVM.
• Create symmetric shared file systems.
• Eliminate single points of failure to increase service availability.
• Set up high-availability services and storage.
Red Hat Certified Trainer
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Adrian LingSince 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others.