RH354: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Administrators
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354) introduces you to updates in the upcoming Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® release. Intended for experienced Linux system administrators, this course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
This course is designed to provide a preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to experienced IT professionals, including:
• Linux system administrators
• DevOps engineers
• Cloud administrators
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
As a result of attending this course, you will be prepared to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and take advantage of key new features of the operating system. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
• Describe key features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
• Install or upgrade an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 server to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
• Manage software with the upgraded Yum package manager and select specific software versions through module streams.
• Use new storage tools to compress and deduplicate data and efficiently manage the storage stack from hardware to file system.
• Adjust to changes to core components of the operating system, including Python 3, Wayland, and Chrony-based NTP service.
• Work with the new nftables-backed firewall system.
• Develop and test portable, standards-based containers with the new runtime and toolchain.
• Configure servers efficiently with the updated web-based remote interface and with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles.
• Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or upgrade an existing system from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
• Prepare standardized systems by generating system images for deployment, managing them with remote web-based administration, and automating provisioning with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles for Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
• Manage core system components that have had significant changes in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
• Explore the major enhancements in local and remote file system and volume management components.
• Explain the new container runtime engine and tools that replace the Docker container engine.
• Describe the major enhancements in network packet processing and network device management.
• Learn to implement the new features and management tools for virtualization management.