RH299: RHCE Rapid Track (Couse only)
Public ClassStarting FromRM 5400.00
On DemandStarting FromRM 4400.00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
Private ClassAll of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Course DetailsExpand All
The RHCE Fast Track Course (RH299) is designed for senior Linux system administrators who want to validate their competencies by earning the RHCSA and RHCE credentials. This is a fast-paced preparation course that combines the RHCSA Fast Track Course (RH199) and System Administration III (RH254) courses, normally eight days of training, into a single four-day course.
Building on the students' extensive knowledge of command line based Linux administration, the course moves very quickly through the intermediate and advanced tasks covered by lab-based knowledge checks and facilitative discussions.
By the end of this course, the senior Linux administrator students will have been exposed to all the intermediate and advanced competencies tested by the RHCSA and RHCE exams.
- Experienced Linux System Administrators with a minimum of three years of Linux experience who want a fast-track solution to earn an RHCE certification
- Experienced Solaris System Administrators who have completed the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators (RH290) course
- This course is not recommended for students who have successfully completed the RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH200). For those students, the Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) course is recommended
- Students must meet the requirements for attending Red Hat System Administration I, II and III courses
- Students must have the same skill set as an RHCT / RHCSA
- Manage packages with yum, rpm, and RHN; build an RPM package and place it in a repository
- Configure and troubleshoot network settings; configure network bonding and IP aliases
- Manage partitioning, file systems and swap space; configure encrypted partitions and iSCSI initiator
- Manage physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes with their filesystems
- Provide password aging for accounts; use ACLs and SGID directories for collaborative directories
- Configure an LDAP and Kerberos client; configure autofs to support an authentication client; Configure sudo and SSD
- Install a system and manage kickstart and firstboot; use virtualization tools to manage virtual machines
- Configure runlevels and sysctl; reset the root password; understand the boot process
- Understand, troubleshoot and manage SELinux
- Manage the firewall
- Configure an NTP server and provide that service to clients
- Create disk, I/O, and memory usage reports; configure remote logging
- Manage a web server with virtual hosts, CGI scripts and user-based file / directory access controls.
- Null Client; outboard smart host relay; accept inbound connections
- Configure a caching name server and DNS forwarder
- Manage and secure the NFS service using NFSv3 and NFSv4
- Configure the CIFS to provide home directories, file sharing and printer service; use a client to access the CIFS shares
- Provide anonymous-only download service; provide drop-box upload service
- Configure and manage local and remote printers
- Configure and implement SSH keys
- Configure remote dekstop and connect to them securely
- Review tasks previously taught in class
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Adrian LingSince 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others.
Jason Tee Chin HingHe brings with him more than 20 years in the IT service and training industry with extensive knowledge in servers, storage and networking and server virtualization. Has delivered many product training sessions around Asia Pacific to train engineers, customers and pre-sales consultants for Dell Inc, HP, EMC Corp and VMWare.Jason has been appointed as a Certified HP Technical Trainer for HP courses since 2009. He has a successful track record in delivering HP server, storage & management courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.In addition, Jason has been appointed as a Certified EMC Technical Trainer for VMWare courses since 2012. He has a successful track record in delivering VMWare vSphere courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.
Reviews0based on 0 ratings reviews