Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
RH294: Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294) is designed for Linux® system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible® on a management workstation; prepare managed hosts for automation; write Ansible Playbooks to automate tasks; and run playbooks to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured.
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
• Automating configuration management
• Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
• Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
• Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
• Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
• Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
• Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
• Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
• Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
• Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
• Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
To Be Confirm