Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
4 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 12 Jul 09:00 - Thu 15 Jul 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
RH294: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation With Ansible
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Ansible
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) teaches the skills needed to manage large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently. You will learn the techniques needed to use Ansible® to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8 and Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8.
Course content summary
• Install Ansible / Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
• Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
• Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
• Write effective playbooks at scale.
• Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
• Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
• Automating configuration management
• Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
• Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
• Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
• Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience
• Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions, and practical exercise.
IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
• Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
• Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
• Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
• Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
• Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
• Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
• Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.