RH255: Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration III + RHCSA + RHCE Exam
Starting FromRM 6300.005 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Red Hat System Administration III with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH255) is designed for experienced Linux Administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical, hands-on labs, this course is tightly aligned with experienced Linux administrators' job tasks and the skills required for advancement. Focus is placed on enhancing the students' automation skills to securely configure, deploy and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security, including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls and SELinux.
At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the RHCT / RHCSA administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and RHCE exams. This class includes the RHCSA and the RHCE exams.
- Senior Linux System Administrators who require networking and security administration skills
- Linux IT Professionals who currently have RHCT / RHCSA certification, and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Linux IT Professionals that can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCT / RHCSA, but have not passed the RHCSA exam provided with the Red Hat System Administration II course
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH200) or Red Hat System Administration I & II
- Equivalent experience to the RHCSA Rapid Track Course
- Skills required to earn an RHCT / RHCSA certification
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
- Given a virtualized environment, begin to administrate multiple systems using prerequisite skills
- Configure system to use Kerberos to verify credentials and grant privileges via sudo
- Automate system administration tasks utilizing Bash scripts and text-based tools
- Secure files with GnuPG
- Use yum plugins to manage packages; understand the design of packages; build a simple package
- Profile running services, then capture and analyze network traffic
- Configure system to route traffic and customize network parameters with sysctl
- Secure network traffic through SSH port forwarding and iptables filtering / network address translation (NAT)
- Configure an NTP server
- Manage local filesystem integrity; monitor systems over time and system logging
- Access centralized storage (iSCSI) and encrypt filesystems
- Understand SSL certificates and deploy an SSL-encapsulated web service
- Configure a web server with virtual hosts, dynamic content, and authenticated directories
- Configure an SMTP server for basic operation (null client, receiving mail, smarthost relay)
- Understand DNS resource records and configure a caching-only name server
- Configure file sharing between hosts with NFS
- Configure file and print sharing between hosts with CIFS
- Configure file sharing with anonymous FTP
- Understand the boot process and recover unbootable systems with rescue mode
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Adrian LingSince 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others.
Jason Tee Chin HingHe brings with him more than 20 years in the IT service and training industry with extensive knowledge in servers, storage and networking and server virtualization. Has delivered many product training sessions around Asia Pacific to train engineers, customers and pre-sales consultants for Dell Inc, HP, EMC Corp and VMWare.Jason has been appointed as a Certified HP Technical Trainer for HP courses since 2009. He has a successful track record in delivering HP server, storage & management courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.In addition, Jason has been appointed as a Certified EMC Technical Trainer for VMWare courses since 2012. He has a successful track record in delivering VMWare vSphere courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.