Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
RH200: RHCSA Rapid Track Course + RHCSA Exam
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The RHCSA Fast Track course with exam (RH200) is designed for experienced Linux System Administrators who want to harden their technical skill sets and become accredited with the RHCSA certification. Using a best-of-breed contemporary teaching approach, students will learn to properly manage a Linux workstation and server, including installation and configuration of local components and services as well as connections to existing network services.
To successfully navigate this course, students must already have solid Linux command line experience to perform tasks at an accelerated pace. In addition, they should possess the necessary skills to execute common commands, such as cp, grep, sort, mkdir, tar, mkfs, ssh, and yum, and be familiar with accessing man pages for help.
At the completion of the course, students will be adequately prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) exam.
Skilled Linux System Administrators who want or are required to demonstrate competencies by earning the RHCSA
Full-time Linux administration with 1-3 years of experience
The following skills :
- Using the Bash shell and managing files and directories from the command line
- Configuring print queues to local and remote printers
- Monitoring system resources at a basic level (ps, kill)
- Managing system software (installing and updating packages with yum)
- Establishing network connectivity using DHCP
- Administering local user and group accounts
- Managing local, physical storage
- Installing Linux graphically on a bare-metal system
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Manage local storage, including encrypted volumes
- Deploy network services, including VNC, SSH, FTP and web services
- Secure files with ACLs and network services with the firewall and SELinux
- Manage virtual machines with KVM technology
- Automate installation of Linux using kickstart
- Configure, manage and test network settings
- Manage user accounts including password aging; connect to a central LDAP directory service
- Launch, monitor, govern and terminate processes using the BASH command-line
- Schedule recurring tasks; monitor and manage system logs
- Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository
- Access remote systems using command-line and graphical techniques
- Install and manage basic network services, including firewall configuration
- Manage SELinux booleans and filesystem contexts
- Manage encrypted partitions, filesystems and swap space
- Restrict file access with filesystem ACLs
- Understand logical volume concepts and manage logical volumes, including snapshots
- Understand runlevels and manage GRUB
- Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules
- Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines
- Create kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux
- Access Red Hat documentation and services
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.Read More
Since 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others. Read More
Kelvin Lai Kok Foong
Technical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce. Read More