RH135: Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration II + RHCSA Exam
Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA Exam (RH135) is designed for IT professionals working to become full-time enterprise Linux system administrators. The course is a follow up to System Administration I and continues to utilize today's best-of-breed, contemporary teaching methodology
Students will be actively engaged in task-focused activities, lab-based knowledge checks, and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skills transfer and retention. Building on the foundation of command line skills covered in System Administration I, students will dive deeper into Red Hat Enterprise Linux to broaden their "tool kits" of administration skills
Students who attend Red Hat System Administration I & II will be fully prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) exam
- Red Hat System Administration I
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions and practical exercise
- Create and manage kickstart configuration files; perform installations using kickstart
- Access the command line locally and remotely; gain administrative privileges from the command line
- Use hardlinks, archives and compression, and vim
- Use regular expressions to search patterns in files and output; redirect and pipe output
- Configure network settings; troubleshoot network issues
- Create and format simple partitions, swap partitions, and encrypted partitions
- Implement LVM and LVM snapshots
- Implement NFS, CIFS and autofs
- Manage user accounts including password aging
Connect to a central LDAP directory service
- Manage group memberships, file permissions and access control lists (ACL)
- Activate and deactivate SELinux; set file contexts; manage SELinux booleans; analyze SELinux logs
- Manage software and query information with yum; configure client-side yum repository files
- Managing services; verify connectivity to a service
- Managing logs with rsyslog and logrotate
- Identify and terminate processes, change the priority of a process, and use cron and at to schedule processes
- List, load, and remove modules; use kernel arguments
- Understand the boot process and resolve boot problems
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Adrian LingSince 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others.
Jason Tee Chin HingHe brings with him more than 20 years in the IT service and training industry with extensive knowledge in servers, storage and networking and server virtualization. Has delivered many product training sessions around Asia Pacific to train engineers, customers and pre-sales consultants for Dell Inc, HP, EMC Corp and VMWare.Jason has been appointed as a Certified HP Technical Trainer for HP courses since 2009. He has a successful track record in delivering HP server, storage & management courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.In addition, Jason has been appointed as a Certified EMC Technical Trainer for VMWare courses since 2012. He has a successful track record in delivering VMWare vSphere courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.