RH124: Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration I
Public ClassStarting FromRM 4500.00
On DemandStarting FromRM 3825.00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
Private ClassAll of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Course DetailsExpand All
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134). Both courses are needed in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systems.
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH.
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Adrian LingSince 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others.
Jason Tee Chin HingHe brings with him more than 20 years in the IT service and training industry with extensive knowledge in servers, storage and networking and server virtualization. Has delivered many product training sessions around Asia Pacific to train engineers, customers and pre-sales consultants for Dell Inc, HP, EMC Corp and VMWare.Jason has been appointed as a Certified HP Technical Trainer for HP courses since 2009. He has a successful track record in delivering HP server, storage & management courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.In addition, Jason has been appointed as a Certified EMC Technical Trainer for VMWare courses since 2012. He has a successful track record in delivering VMWare vSphere courses to engineers, partners, customers and pre-sales consultants across Asia Pacific.
Reviews4.3based on 6 ratings reviews