Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
RH124: Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration I
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134). Both courses are needed in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
This course is specially design for IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systems.
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH.
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.Read More
Since 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others. Read More
Kelvin Lai Kok Foong
Technical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce. Read More
Faisal holds a M.B.A (Marketing), American International College Labore, MIT (3rd Semester) in Virtual University Lahore and B.COM in Punjab University Lahore. He is a Cisco and networking professional with broad experience in managing IT services, training, and end-user support. Read More