Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
2 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 15 Aug 09:00 - Tue 16 Aug 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
PSPO: Professional Scrum Product Owner
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course is a 2-day course on how to maximize the value of software products and systems. Product Ownership in Scrum today requires more than knowledge of how to write requirements or manage a Product Backlog. Professional Scrum Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products.
Period.Students develop and solidify this understanding through instruction and team-based exercises. The breadth of the role's responsibilities in delivering a successful product becomes clear from an Agile perspective on product management. Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of it to the marketplace. This defines the perspective from which the role of the Product Owner in the Scrum framework is taught.
Professional Scrum Product Owner is THE cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a software product's success in turbulent markets.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Scrum Masters benefit from this course as their role often includes coaching Product Owners.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved with the product management aspects of a software product or application.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, group discussions, case studies, hands-on computer exercises and some games.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand the true role of Product Owner in Scrum and what makes it different to traditional project management
- Know how to collaborate with the Development Team and other roles in the organisation to maximize product's value
- Apply modern techniques in managing products in the organisation
- Track and measure the delivery of product's value using value driven metrics
- Create a business model for the products being developed
- Create an Agile plan and road map for product development
- Create a forecast and release dates for product delivery
- Know how to estimate product's features in terms of business value
- Scrum theory includes time-boxing, and specific roles, rules, and artifacts. All elements of Scrum complement each other to form a consistent whole. All work is performed in Sprints. All base rules, events, and roles are described in the Scrum Guide, the acknowledged Scrum body of knowledge. Each part of Scrum ties back to the principles and theory.
- This is foundational knowledge for every Scrum Team member and anyone involved with Scrum. Product Owners know how to take advantage of the business opportunities unlocked with the Scrum framework in delivering value to the market place every 30 days, or less.
- Scrum is founded on empirical process theory to deal with the complexity typical to software development. All principles and values of Scrum are based on the fundamental view of software development as creative and complex work.
- Scrum Masters know how Scrum implements empiricism in software development. They explain how the Scrum principles tie back to the empirical nature of Scrum, and how they are fundamentally different from those of more traditional software development approaches.
- Scrum Masters understand the impact of the transparency that Scrum brings and requires, and how Scrum is best used to increase an organization’s agility.
- Scrum Teams are self-organizing and cross-functional; which is very different from traditional development groups.
- Product Owners acknowledge the self-organizing skills of Development Teams and how Development Teams organize their development work in creating Done Increments of product. Product Owners understand how their accountability is complementary to that of a Development Team, and not conflicting.
- Scrum is a foundation to unlock business agility. Scrum in itself however is–by design–incomplete. Agility will be much higher if Scrum is complemented by strategies for Agile product management and when metrics are in place to track the creation and delivery of value to the market place.
- A Product Owner is accountable for the Product Backlog, and the ordering of all work that is identified for the product. Product Backlog is used to manage the requirements and can be used to plan releases, and track and report on progress.
Naveen Kumar Singh
Naveen focus more on agile engineering practices and support development team in learning and adopting engineering practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Pair Programming, DevOps, Emergent Design, and Specification by Examples, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Agile Testing etc.
Naveen is active in agile community and participate is major events as speaker and volunteer. He has presented papers in Global Scrum Gatherings as well as in many other Scrum Alliance conferences and meet-up. He writes blog on agile, scrum, Kanban and technical practices.Read More
Professional Scrum trainer (PST) from Scrum.org and SAFe Program Consultant (SPC 4.5) with over 15 years of rich experience in building people, my mission drives me to build people and help them learn who they are and how they want to show up in the World. A passionate Agile Transformation and Engineering consultant, work with higher management to build transformation strategy in defining and implementing Agile processes at various levels of organization. Strength in teaching, mentoring, coaching and facilitation.DELIVER BUSINESS VALUE BY:• Leading Large Organizational Transformations• Coaching and Enabling Organizations to Adapt Agile Approaches• Leveraging Agile Best Practices to Deliver Critical Projects• Driving Teams in Improving and Standardizing Processes• Developing and Delivering Agile Training• Selecting and Implementing Tools across Systems Development Lifecycles• Communicating and Sharing Value-Proposition of Agile, Kanban, and Lean Methods and Processes• Building Strategic Relationships across all Levels within an Organization to Positively Influence ChangeAs an Agile consultant, work with multiple scrum teams and enable them to be self-organize and high performing teams by identifying team challenges and dysfunctions and helping team overcome them. Help aligning development team(s) to their product vision to deliver outstanding product or Software. Being and Engineering Manager, work with teams and bring them realization on their contribution in producing high quality deliverable by adhering to XP practices. Experience in implementing Spotify scaling model with product teams. Help organization building squads and chapters and scaling via tribes. Running various guild programs to build people within the tribes on coaching, testing and technology stacks. Implemented Agile Maturity Assessment inline with Spotify model that help focus improvement efforts and what organizational support needed. Coordinate with scalable teams and help POs to align their dependencies with in the team and order their backlog to deliver high business values. Work with verity of developers to help and motivate then to plan and grow in their career path. Work with various levels of management to understand Agile adoption challenges and help them understand Agile values and principles.Trained more than 500 candidates in Scrum, KANBAN, Spotify and SAFe Read More
Preeth has total Experience – 19+ Years, Agile & Scrum Experience – 10+ Years, Teaching & Coaching Agile Product Development and Scrum Since 2010 and also Training experience of more than 10000 hours Read More