Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
P3O-F: Accredited Certification in P3O Foundation Level Training & Exam
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Why P3O ? A P3O model provides a decision enabling and delivery support structure for all change within an organisation, whether large or small
It ensures that :
- Programmes and projects are selected and prioritised to ensure strategic objectives are being achieved.
- The organisation has the capacity and capability to deliver the selected programmes and projects.
- Programmes and projects deliver the benefits needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Help and guidance is provided for consistent, standardised documentation and processes so that the organisation's performance can continually improve
Managers attempting to provide a structure for prioritisation and control of corporate organisational investments
There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification other than an understanding of the project and programme environment
The event will be delivered by APMG approved P3O Trainers with practical experience of using the P30 model
The style of delivery will be instructor-led with the trainer taking attendees through each elements of the course content and illustrating each key point with examples
Questions and discussions will be encouraged throughout the event
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Identify the most eﬀective P3O model to adopt to ensure strategic objectives are delivered
- Understand the value a P3O can oﬀer an organisation and how it can be measured
- Identify the functions and services a P3O would oﬀer.
- Know the roles and responsibilities needed to eﬀectively deliver a P3O service.
- Practice a range of strategic analysis and portfolio modeling techniques used within a P3O
- Understand the relationship between Strategy, Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Learn how to implement or re-energise a P3O
- Understand the business case for a P3O and how it integrates with the P3M3® Maturity Model
- Definition : Portfolio, Programme, Project; P30-Sourced in Glossary
- Elements of High-Level Outline P3O Model
- Decision – Support Role and Governance Responsibilities of a P3O Including Analysing Effectiveness Thereof
- Characteristics of a Mature P30 and Differences between portfolio, programme and project offices
- Why Invest in a P3O
- Elements that Support doing the right Programmes and Projects’ and those that support’ doing programmes and projects right’ and the differences
- P3O Value Matrix
- KPIs Including their Measurement
- Functional Areas of a P3O, Including Skills and Competences Required
- Functions and Services Delivered by a P3O
- Relationships with other Corporate Function Offices
- Information Assurance Including Resource Provision by P3O
- Sizing a P3O, Including Different Model Types
- Impact of Maturity on P3O Implementation
- Utilisation of Tools and Standard P3O Techniques
- Collaborative Integrated Tools; Enterprise Tools
- Objectives and Benefits of : Portfolio Prioritisation and Optimisation – Workshop Techniques
- Skills Development and Maintenance
- Knowledge Management Techniques
- Types of Facilitated Workshops
- Swimlane Models – Benefits and use
- Management and Generic and Functional Based
- Purpose of P3O Roles
Simon Seow Poon Shing
Simon Seow Poon Shing is a trainer of caliber excellence in the field of PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology, SSADM System Development Methodology, P30 Portfolio, Programme and Project Office. He graduated from City of London Polytechnic with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies and a Certificate in Programming Technology. He is a Certified Practitioner for PRINCE2 Project Management; P3O Portfolio, Programme & Project Management Office; MSP Programme Management; Accredited Trainer PRINCE2; Accredited Trainer MSP; Certified Practitioner and Trainer SSADM Structured Systems Analysis & Design Methodology.
He is also an Examiner for System Analysis & Design (British Computer Society); a Regional Moderator for National Computing Center, UK and a Founding Member for Malaysian Chapter EDP Auditors Association. He brings with him more than 30 years of experience in a wide range of industries, situations and countries to design programmes for top corporate organizations. He has worked in the UK and in Asia in the field of Finance, Education, IT and Consulting.Read More