Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Oracle Smart View for Office 11.1.2 for Essbase
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this course, you learn how to use Oracle Smart View 184.108.40.206, a common Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) add-in to query, analyze, and share data stored in Essbase databases. In this course, you learn how to connect to data sources and create ad-hoc queries and free-form grids.
- Query and analyze data stored in Essbase.
- Create advanced reports.
- Set Smart View options.
- Create reports using Smart Query, Query Designer, and functions.
- Embed dynamic data points into Microsoft Office documents.
- Create reports with smart slices.
- End users
- Reports Developer
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises.
- Familiarity with Essbase
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Familiarity with multidimensional data storage and terms
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain the multidimensional analysis and database outline hierarchy
- Create ad hoc queries and advanced reports in Smart View
- Set Smart View Options
- Use Smart Query and Query Designer
- Embed dynamic data points into Microsoft Office documents
- Create reports with smart slices
- Multi-Dimensional Analysis Overview
- Smart View Architecture
- Smart View Excel User Interface
- Connecting to Data Sources
- Creating Ad Hoc Grids
- Performing Ad Hoc Operations in Multiple Cells
- Creating Member Selections
- Associating Data Sources with Worksheets
- Creating Multiple Grids on One Worksheet
- Creating Free-form Grids
- Working with the Essbase Ribbon
- Working with Document Contents Pane
- Setting Global and Sheet-Level Options
- Setting Data Navigation and Retrieval Options
- Setting Number and Cell Formatting Options
- Setting Administrative Options
- Displaying Aliases for Member Names
- Creating Queries using Query Designer
- Creating a Smart Query
- Creating Reports using Functions
- Executing MDX Queries
- Retrieving Data for DTS Members
- Retrieving Data for Attribute Dimensions
- Working with Excel Formulas
- Replacing Data with Numeric Zeroes or Text
- Creating Reports with Smart Slices
Oracle Certified Trainer