Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Troubleshooting and Tuning
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This Oracle GoldenGate 12c Troubleshooting and Tuning training teaches you how to gather and examine evidence; you'll also learn to solve case problems, diagnose their cause and find methods of resolution. Each of these practices challenges you to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue using GoldenGate software.
- Use GGSCI commands for gathering process evidence.
- Use the Oracle GoldenGate troubleshooting tools like Knowledge
- Documents, Documentation, SHOWSYNTAX parameter and the Logdump utility.
- Troubleshoot problems in areas such as extraction, replication, missed transactions, mapping, synchronization, SQLEXEC, file maintenance and more.
- Identify what causes slow startups.
- Monitor lag and statistics.
- Identify network and disk bottlenecks.
- Perform tuning of Manager, Extract and Replicate.
- Diagnose and tune the latest Integrated Extract, available since release 184.108.40.206 of the Oracle RDBMS, and Integrated
- Replicate, available since release 12c of the Oracle RDBMS.
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Implementation Consultant
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- Systems Architects
- Familiarity with the Oracle Database
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Monitor and tune performance
- Gather evidence to help troubleshoot problems
- Use troubleshooting tools
- Familiarize with the latest tools to troubleshoot Integrated
- Describe solutions for the most common problems
- Acquiring confidence using the standard Oracle GoldenGate tools normally used to interact with the software:
- Error Logs, Process Reports, Discard File, System Logs
- Competently using the tools mentioned above to gather evidence about alleged issues occurring to an Oracle GoldenGate environment
- Accessing knowledge Documents - Mailing lists, Oracle GoldenGate forums, etc.
- Consulting the Documentation
- Getting familiar with the ShowSyntax parameter
- Getting familiar with the logdump utility
- Getting familiar with basic problems
- Developing the ability to deal with Extract and Replicate startup issues
- Verifying file names, file permissions, consistency between Extract and Replicate group names and their supporting files
- Verifying consistent naming convention when defining trail files and their reference in the Extract/Replicate parameter files
- Verifying that the correct software version has been installed
- Verifying that the Oracle GoldenGate manager is running, that the group name which fails to start exists and is not misspelt
- Verifying that the parameter file exists, has the same name as the Extract/Replicate group, and is accessible by Oracle GoldenGate
- Introducing the use of CHECKPARAMS to verify that the parameter syntax is correct
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data extraction issues:
- Analyzing various causes of a slow Extract startup
- Tracing may be enabled, activity logging may be enabled, many columns listed in tables being replicated
- Introducing the use of the CacheMgr parameter to control the virtual memory and temporary disk space that are available for caching
- In-depth analysis of abending Extracts
- In-depth analysis of abending data pumps:
- Was the primary Extract or the data pump stopped, re-added, or restarted without resetting the data pump’s read position in the
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data replication issues
- Analyzing the various causes of a "stuck" Replicate Verifying that the Replicate is reading the trail to which Extract is writing
- Analyzing the reasons why a Replicate abend
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot missed transactions involving issues
- Analyzing the reasons why transactions are not being processed
- 'Single quotes' on object names imply case-sensitive names for some databases (including the Oracle database)
- Are the transactions coming out of the source system properly?
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot mapping problems
- Analyzing the causes of various mapping problems
- Has the undo retention expired?
- Is "NoUseLatestVersion" for "FetchOptions" being used?
- Do the source and target tables exist in the databases? Are they specified correctly in the Table or Map statement?
- Do table and column names contain only supported characters?
- Are WHERE clauses comparing different data types?
- Is KeyCols being used? Are both source and target KeyCols being used? Corresponding source and target columns must match.
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot:
- SQLEXEC problems
- File-Maintenance Problems
- Miscellaneous Problems
- Identifying causes of slow startups
- Monitoring lag and statistics
- Tuning Manager
- Identifying network and disk bottlenecks
- Tuning "Classic" Extract
- Tuning "Classic" Replicate
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated capture
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated delivery
- Familiarizing with the new V$ tables holding real time Oracle GoldenGate statistics
- Familiarizing with Troubleshooting Aids and Tools for Integrated Replication
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Healthcheck for Integrated Replicate
- Describing the Oracle Database 12c GoldenGate AWR report
Oracle Certified Trainer