Oracle Database 12c: SQL Workshop I
Starting FromRM 3543.003 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course offers you an introduction to Oracle Database 12c database technology. You will learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language. Discover essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables and create database objects.
You Will Learn:
- What a SQL statement is
- About the Oracle Relational Database
- How to use SQL Developer
- How to write reports using SQL Statements
- How to manipulate data in relational tables and how to save the data
- The concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language
- Write reports using SQL Statements
Benefits To You:
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
This Oracle Database course will also teach you how to use single row functions to customize output. Explore using conversion functions and conditional expressions, along with use group functions to report aggregated data.
Reinforce Your Knowledge through Hands-On Practice
Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts you'll delve into in this course. You will discover and use Oracle SQL Developer as the main environment tool for writing SQL. SQL*Plus is introduced as an optional tool.
A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Define the goals of the course
- List the features of Oracle Database 12c
- Describe the salient features of Oracle Cloud 12c
- Discuss the theoretical and physical aspects of a relational database
- Describe Oracle server's implementation of RDBMS and object relational database management system (ORDBMS)
- Identify the development environments that can be used for this course
- Describe the database and schema used in this course
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with programming languages
Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Using Java - for PL/SQL and Database Developers
This Java for PL/SQL and Developers training teaches you to access Oracle Database using JDBC , UCP, Java stored procedures and SQLJ technologies. Learn to create, load, resolve and publish Java classes in the Database and more.
- Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II
This Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II helps you manage the database objects, data dictionary views and multicolumn subqueries. Learn to write more efficient queries using the functions supporting the timezone and regular expressions.
- Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units
This Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units training helps you enhance your skills by developing stored procedures, functions, packages, and database triggers. Learn to manage PL/SQL program units and use Oracle-supplied packages.
- Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals
Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals introduces you to the PL/SQL programming language. Learn about stored procedures, functions and creating blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms and data management applications.
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Overview of Oracle Database 12c and Related Products
- Overview of relational database management concepts and terminologies
- Introduction to SQL and its development environments
- What is Oracle SQL Developer?
- Starting SQL*Plus from Oracle SQL Developer
- The Human Resource(HR) Schema
- Tables used in the Course
- Capabilities of the SELECT statement
- Arithmetic expressions and NULL values in the SELECT statement
- Column aliases
- Use of concatenation operator, literal character strings, alternative quote operator, and the DISTINCT keyword
- Use of the DESCRIBE command
- Limiting the Rows
- Rules of precedence for operators in an expression
- Substitution Variables
- Using the DEFINE and VERIFY command
- Describe the differences between single row and multiple row functions
- Manipulate strings with character function in the SELECT and WHERE clauses
- Manipulate numbers with the ROUND, TRUNC and MOD functions
- Perform arithmetic with date data
- Manipulate dates with the date functions
- Describe implicit and explicit data type conversion
- Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- Nest multiple functions
- Apply the NVL, NULLIF, and COALESCE functions to data
- Use conditional IF THEN ELSE logic in a SELECT statement
- Group Functions
- Creating Groups of Data
- Restricting Group Results
- Introduction to JOINS
- Types of Joins
- Natural join
- Non equijoins
- OUTER join
- Introduction to Subqueries
- Single Row Subqueries
- Multiple Row Subqueries
- Set Operators
- UNION and UNION ALL operator
- INTERSECT operator
- MINUS operator
- Matching the SELECT statements
- Using ORDER BY clause in set operations
- Data Manipulation Language
- Database Transactions
- Data Definition Language
Oracle Certified Trainer
Genesis Douglas RowMr. Genesis Douglas Row has been working in the IT industry since 1996 and has contributed more than 17 years to the industry. Along the years, he has picked up skills in sales, marketing, business management, presales and product management that has made him an all-rounded skilled and experienced IT personnel in the industry.He has a strong technical background in Oracle Database Management, Solaris System Administration and Web Publishing. He has also proven to be a very talented and passionate trainer in delivering easy-to-understand, straight-to-the-point training sessions. He utilizes effective training techniques for maximum knowledge transfer, information retention and customer satisfaction.