Oracle Database 12c: SQL Tuning for Developers
Starting FromRM 3015.0024 Hours
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Starting FromRM 35433 Days
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
In the Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers course, you learn about Oracle SQL tuning and how to apply tuning techniques to your SQL code. Learn the different ways in which data can be accessed efficiently.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Trace an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Familiarity with database architecture
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Using Java - for PL/SQL and Database Developers
- This Java for PL/SQL and Developers training teaches you to access Oracle Database using JDBC, UCP, Java stored procedures and SQLJ technologies. Learn to create, load, resolve and publish Java classes in the Database and more.
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Audience and Prerequisites
- Sample Schemas Used in the Course
- Class Account Information
- SQL Environments Available in the Course
- Workshops, Demo Scripts, and Code Example Scripts
- Appendices in the Course
- SQL Tuning Session
- SQL Tuning Strategies
- Development Environments: Overview
- SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) Diagnostic Tool
- Using the SQL Trace Facility: Overview
- Steps Needed Before Tracing
- Available Tracing Tools: Overview
- The trcsess Utility
- Formatting SQL Trace Files: Overview
- Developing Efficient SQL statement
- Scripts Used in This Lesson
- Table Design
- Index Usage
- Transformed Index
- Data Type Mismatch
- NULL usage
- Tune the ORDER BY Clause
- SQL Statement Representation
- SQL Statement Processing
- Why Do You Need an Optimizer?
- Components of the Optimizer
- Query Transformer
- Cost-Based Optimizer
- Adaptive Query Optimization
- Optimizer Features and Oracle Database Releases
- Execution Plan?
- The EXPLAIN PLAN Command
- Plan Table
- V$SQL_PLAN View
- Automatic Workload Repository
- SQL Monitoring
- Interpreting a Serial Execution Plan
- Adaptive Optimizations
- Row Source Operations
- Main Structures and Access Paths
- Full Table Scan
- Common Observations
- Join Methods
- Join Types
- SQL operators
- Other N-Array Operations
- Result Cache operators
- Optimizer Statistics
- Types of Optimizer Statistics
- Gather and Manage Optimizer Statistics: Overview
- Cursor Sharing and Different Literal Values
- Cursor Sharing and Bind Variables
- Maintaining SQL Performance
- SQL Plan Management