Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
Oracle Database 12c: SQL Tuning for Developers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In the Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers course, you learn about Oracle SQL tuning and how to apply tuning techniques to your SQL code. Learn the different ways in which data can be accessed efficiently.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Trace an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Familiarity with database architecture
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Using Java - for PL/SQL and Database Developers
- This Java for PL/SQL and Developers training teaches you to access Oracle Database using JDBC, UCP, Java stored procedures and SQLJ technologies. Learn to create, load, resolve and publish Java classes in the Database and more.
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Audience and Prerequisites
- Sample Schemas Used in the Course
- Class Account Information
- SQL Environments Available in the Course
- Workshops, Demo Scripts, and Code Example Scripts
- Appendices in the Course
- SQL Tuning Session
- SQL Tuning Strategies
- Development Environments: Overview
- SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) Diagnostic Tool
- Using the SQL Trace Facility: Overview
- Steps Needed Before Tracing
- Available Tracing Tools: Overview
- The trcsess Utility
- Formatting SQL Trace Files: Overview
- Developing Efficient SQL statement
- Scripts Used in This Lesson
- Table Design
- Index Usage
- Transformed Index
- Data Type Mismatch
- NULL usage
- Tune the ORDER BY Clause
- SQL Statement Representation
- SQL Statement Processing
- Why Do You Need an Optimizer?
- Components of the Optimizer
- Query Transformer
- Cost-Based Optimizer
- Adaptive Query Optimization
- Optimizer Features and Oracle Database Releases
- Execution Plan?
- The EXPLAIN PLAN Command
- Plan Table
- V$SQL_PLAN View
- Automatic Workload Repository
- SQL Monitoring
- Interpreting a Serial Execution Plan
- Adaptive Optimizations
- Row Source Operations
- Main Structures and Access Paths
- Full Table Scan
- Common Observations
- Join Methods
- Join Types
- SQL operators
- Other N-Array Operations
- Result Cache operators
- Optimizer Statistics
- Types of Optimizer Statistics
- Gather and Manage Optimizer Statistics: Overview
- Cursor Sharing and Different Literal Values
- Cursor Sharing and Bind Variables
- Maintaining SQL Performance
- SQL Plan Management
Oracle Certified Trainer
Genesis Douglas Row
Mr. Genesis Douglas Row has been working in the IT industry since 1996 and has contributed more than 17 years to the industry. Along the years, he has picked up skills in sales, marketing, business management, presales and product management that has made him an all-rounded skilled and experienced IT personnel in the industry.He has a strong technical background in Oracle Database Management, Solaris System Administration and Web Publishing. He has also proven to be a very talented and passionate trainer in delivering easy-to-understand, straight-to-the-point training sessions. He utilizes effective training techniques for maximum knowledge transfer, information retention and customer satisfaction. Read More