Oracle Database 12c: PL/SQL Fundamentals
Public ClassStarting FromRM 2362.00
On DemandStarting FromRM 2010.00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
Private ClassAll of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Course DetailsExpand All
This Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals course introduces you to PL/SQL. It helps you understand the benefits of this powerful programming language, while teaching you real-world scenarios where these lessons can be applied.
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL.
- Design a PL/SQL anonymous block that executes efficiently.
- Write PL/SQL code to interface with the database.
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors
- Handle runtime errors.
- Describe stored procedures and functions.
- Apply declaring identifiers and trapping exceptions.
- Create PL/SQL blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports and data management applications.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Gain Experience through Hands-On Practice
In this course, you'll learn from expert Oracle instructors, then engage in demonstrations and hands-on practice to reinforce the fundamental concepts. You'll use Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus is introduced as optional tools.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Design PL/SQL anonymous block that execute efficiently
- Write PL/SQL code to interface with the database
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors)
- Handle runtime errors
- Create and execute simple stored procedures and functions
Familiarity with data processing concepts and technique
Familiarity with programming languages
Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL NEW
Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Using Java - for PL/SQL and Database Developers
This Java for PL/SQL and Developers training teaches you to access Oracle Database using JDBC , UCP, Java stored procedures and SQLJ technologies. Learn to create, load, resolve and publish Java classes in the Database and more.
- Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units
This Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units training helps you enhance your skills by developing stored procedures, functions, packages, and database triggers. Learn to manage PL/SQL program units and use Oracle-supplied packages.
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Class Account Information
- Describe the Human Resources (HR) Schema
- Identify the Appendices Used in this Course
- Introduction to PL/SQL Development Environments
- Oracle Database 12c SQL Documentation and Additional Resources
- Understanding the benefits and structure of PL/SQL
- Examining PL/SQL Blocks
- Generating output messages in PL/SQL
- Identify valid and invalid identifiers
- Declare and initialize variables
- List and describe various data types
- Identify the benefits of using the %TYPE attribute
- Declare, use, and print bind variables
- List Lexical Units in a PL/SQL Block
- Use SQL Functions in PL/SQL
- Use Data Type Conversion
- Use Nested Blocks as Statements
- Reference an Identifier Value in a Nested Block
- Qualify an Identifier with a Label
- Use Operators in PL/SQL
- Using Sequences in PL/SQL Expressions
- Identify and use the SQL Statements in PL/SQL
- Retrieve Data in PL/SQL with the SELECT statement
- Avoid Errors by Using Naming Conventions When Using Retrieval and DML Statements
- Manipulate Data in the Server Using PL/SQL
- The SQL Cursor concept
- Use SQL Cursor Attributes to Obtain Feedback on DML
- Save and Discard Transactions
- Control PL/SQL Flow of Execution
- Conditional processing Using IF and CASE Statements
- Handle Nulls to Avoid Common Mistakes
- Build Boolean Conditions with Logical Operators
- Use Iterative Control with Looping Statements
- Learn the Composite Data Types of PL/SQL Records and Tables
- Use PL/SQL Records to Hold Multiple Values of Different Type
- Inserting and Updating with PL/SQL Records
- Use INDEX BY Tables to Hold Multiple Values of the Same Data Type
- Define Cursors
- Explain Explicit Cursor Operations
- Controlling Explicit Cursors
- Use Explicit Cursors to Process Rows
- Cursors and Records
- Cursor FOR Loops Using Subqueries
- Explicit Cursor Attributes
- The %NOTFOUND and %ROWCOUNT Attributes
- Define Exception
- Handling Exceptions with PL/SQL
- Predefined Exceptions
- Trapping Predefined and Non-predefined Oracle Server Errors
- Functions that Return Information on Encountered Exceptions
- Trapping User-Defined Exceptions
- Propagate Exceptions
- Basic RAISE Statement
- Overview of Stored Procedures and Functions
- Differentiate between anonymous blocks and subprograms
- Show the CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE | FUNCTION
- Understand the Header Area of a Stored Procedure and Function
- Create Simple Procedures and Functions
- Create a Simple Procedure with an IN Parameter
- Execute a Procedure and a Function
Reviews0based on 0 ratings reviews