Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
Public ClassStarting FromRM 2480.00
On DemandStarting FromRM 2010.00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
Private ClassAll of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Course DetailsExpand All
This Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop gives you detailed information to help you install Oracle Database 12c software. Expert Oracle instructors will teach you how to create a container database and provision pluggable databases.
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server.
- Use Oracle Restart to manage components.
- Upgrade an existing Oracle Database to Oracle Database 12c.
- Create a container database and provision pluggable databases.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Gain Hands-On Experience
Get practical experience installing the Oracle Grid Infrastructure software and Oracle Database software by using Oracle Universal Installer. Expert Oracle instructors will teach you how to stop and start Oracle Restart using SRVCTL to manage components.
Working knowledge of SQL and use of PL/SQL packages
Basic knowledge of Linux Operating System
Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Oracle Database 12c: Global Data Services
This Oracle Database 12c: Global Data Services seminar introduces Oracle Database 12c Global Data Services (GDS). You'll learn how to install, configure, administer and use Global Data Services.
- Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop
This Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop teaches you about backup, restore and recovery scenarios. This course will help you evaluate your own recovery requirements and develop appropriate strategies for these procedures.
- Oracle Database 12c: Managing Multitenant Architecture
This Oracle Database 12c: Managing Multitenant Architecture training will help you understand the multitenant architecture. Learn how to manage an Oracle multitenant container database and any associated pluggable databases in an effective and efficient manner.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
- Oracle Database 12c Introduction
- Oracle Database Architecture Overview
- Oracle Database Instance Configurations
- Oracle Database Memory Structures
- Process Structures
- Database Storage Architecture
- Logical and Physical Database Structures
- Container and Pluggable Database Overview
Overview of Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
System Requirements for Oracle Grid Infrastructure
Configuring Storage for Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
Installing Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
Upgrading Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
- Planning Your Installation
- System Requirements for Oracle Database
- Preparing the Operating System
- Using 4 KB Sector Disks
- Setting Environment Variables
- Checking the System Requirements
- Using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI)
- Performing a Silent Mode Installation
- Planning the Database Storage Structure
- Choosing non-CDB or CDB
- Types of Databases (based on workload)
- Choosing the Appropriate Character Set
- Understanding How Character Sets are Used
- Setting the NLS_LANG Initialization Parameter
- Using the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA)
- Oracle Restart Overview
- Oracle Restart Process startup
- Controlling Oracle Restart
- Choosing the Correct SRVCTL Utility
- Oracle Restart Configuration
- Using the SRVCTL Utility
- Obtaining Help for the SRVCTL Utility
- Starting Components by Using the SRVCTL Utility
- Upgrade Methods
- Data Migration Methods
- Supported Releases for Direct Upgrade
- Overview of Upgrade Process
- Performing a Rolling Upgrade
- Upgrading a CBD
- Developing a Test Plan
- Performance Testing
- Requirements for Databases Using Oracle Label Security or Oracle Database Vault
- Requirement for Databases Using Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Using the Pre-Upgrade Information Tool
- Backing Up the Database
- Installing the Oracle Database 12c Software
- Preparing the New Oracle Home
- Upgrading by Using the Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA)
- Manually Upgrading to Oracle Database 12c
- Migrating a non-CDB to a CDB
- Migrating to Unified Auditing
- Performing Post-Upgrade Tasks Following a Manual Upgrade
- Data Pump Overview
- Migrating by Using Data Pump
- Importing by Using a Network Link
Oracle Certified Trainer
Genesis Douglas RowMr. Genesis Douglas Row has been working in the IT industry since 1996 and has contributed more than 17 years to the industry. Along the years, he has picked up skills in sales, marketing, business management, presales and product management that has made him an all-rounded skilled and experienced IT personnel in the industry.He has a strong technical background in Oracle Database Management, Solaris System Administration and Web Publishing. He has also proven to be a very talented and passionate trainer in delivering easy-to-understand, straight-to-the-point training sessions. He utilizes effective training techniques for maximum knowledge transfer, information retention and customer satisfaction.
Reviews0based on 0 ratings reviews