Oracle Database 12c: High Availability New Features
Starting FromRM 3810.0024 Hours
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course introduces the Oracle Database 12c high availability new features contained in Oracle Grid Infrastructure (including Clusterware, Automatic Storage Management [ASM] and Cloud FS), Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Global Data Services. Gain valuable experience through hands-on demos and labs.
- Configure and administer the Oracle Database 12c high availability new features contained in Oracle Grid Infrastructure (including Clusterware, Automatic Storage Management [ASM] and Cloud FS.
- Describe the new features contained in Oracle Data Guard.
- Describe Oracle Global Data Services (GDS).
Benefits to You
Be amongst the first to practice using Oracle's new clustering technologies.
Product Areas Covered:
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure (including Clusterware, Automatic Storage Management [ASM] and Cloud FS)
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Global Data Services (GDS)
Explore these New and Enhanced Features:
- Flex Clusters
- Flex ASM
- Policy-based Cluster Management
- What-If Command Evaluation
- Cloud Filesystem New Features and Enhancements
- Application Continuity
- Data Guard Far Sync
- Global Data Services
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Learn how To perform essential administration tasks for each new feature.
- Learn how to perform essential installation and configuration tasks for each new feature.
- Describe Oracle Global Data Services (GDS).
- Describe the Oracle Database 12c high availability new features contained in Oracle Grid Infrastructure
Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2, including Clusterware, ASM and RAC
Recommended Related Training Courses:
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
This Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop will provide you with key information to install Oracle Database 12c software. You'll also learn how to create a container database and provision pluggable databases.
- Oracle Database 12c: Global Data Services
This Oracle Database 12c: Global Data Services seminar introduces Oracle Database 12c Global Data Services (GDS). You'll learn how to install, configure, administer and use Global Data Services.
- Oracle Database 12c: Managing Multitenant Architecture
This Oracle Database 12c: Managing Multitenant Architecture training will help you understand the multitenant architecture. Learn how to manage an Oracle multitenant container database and any associated pluggable databases in an effective and efficient manner.
- Course Overview
- Course Objective
- Flex Cluster Architecture
- Configuring Flex Clusters
- Installing Flex Clusters with OUI
- Flex Clusters and Node Failure
- Policy-Based Cluster Management Overview
- Server Categorization
- Policy Set
- Supported Events
- Performing What-If Command Evaluation on Application Resources with CRSCTL
- Performing What-If Command Evaluation on Oracle Clusterware Resources with CRSCTL
- Formatting the Output for What-If Command Evaluation on Oracle Clusterware Resources
- Performing What-If Command Evaluation with SRVCTL
- Evaluating Failure Consequences with SRVCTL
- Shared GNS Background and Architecture
- Configuring shared GNS
- Migrating to shared GNS
- Moving GNS to Another Cluster
- Cluster Health Monitor Enhancements Overview
- Cluster Health Monitor Services
- Grid Infrastructure Management Repository Overview
- Managing Cluster Health Monitor
- Flex ASM Architecture
- ASM Deployment Alternatives
- Configuring Flex ASM
- Managing Flex ASM
- Monitoring Flex ASM Connections
- Relocating an ASM Client
- Fast Mirror Resync Enhancements
- Rebalance Enhancements
- Proactively Validating Data Integrity
- ASM-Based Password Files
- Bulk File Ownership Changes
- Changing ASM Privileges on Open Files
- ASM File Access Control Available on Windows
- Introducing Oracle Cloud File System
- High Availability NFS: Overview
- Cloud FS Snapshot Enhancements
- Cloud FS Support for All Oracle Database Files
- Cloud FS Auditing: Overview
- Cloud FS Plug-in Infrastructure: Overview
- Using Cloud FS Replication in Conjunction with Cloud FS Security and Encryption
- Generic API for Cloud FS Tagging
- What is AC?
- What problem does it solve?
- Benefits of AC
- How AC works
- AC Architecture
- Side Effects
- Application requirements
- RAC and Flex ASM
- RAC and Pluggable Database
- RAC and Policy-Based Cluster Management
- RAC and What-If Command Evaluation
- RAC and Application Continuity
- Valid node checking for listener registration on RAC deployments
- Oracle home user support for RAC on Windows
- Far Sync Standby and Data Guard Transport Enhancements
- Active Data Guard Enhancements
- Database Rolling Upgrades
- Other Data Guard Enhancements
- Data Guard Broker Enhancements
- Logical components
- Physical components
- Global Service Overview
- Global Service Attributes
- Global Services and RAC
- Global Services and Data Guard Broker
- Global Connection Load Balancing