Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
MoP-P: Accredited Certification in MoP Foundation and Practitioner Level Training & Exam
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Management of Portfolio (MoP) is about investing in the right change initiative and implementing them effectively. MoP helps organisations answer a fundamental question: “Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?"
MoP achieves this by ensuring that:
- The programmes and projects undertaken are prioritized in terms of their contribution to the organisation's strategic objective and overall level of risk
- Programmes and projects are managed consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery
- Benefits realization is maximized to provide the greatest return (in terms of strategic contribution and efficiency savings) from the investment made
- MoP is structured around five flexible principles within which the two cycle and the 12 portfolio management practices exist
Senior Management from all disciplines, CEO, CFO, CIO, COO, Financial Controller, Auditor, General Manager, Branch Manager, Head of Department, Directors of Change, Senior Responsible Owners (SROs); Portfolio, Programme, Business Change and Benefits Managers; and Business Case Writers and Project Appraisers
Any IT Professionals – Managers, Systems Analysts, Software Engineers/Integrators, Service Management Support Staff, Project Managers, Solution & Infrastructure Architects
Any Non-IT Professional but whose work involve with systems, Auditors, Quality Assurance, Risk Analysts, People responsible for due diligence and strategic decisions, negotiators for IT contracts
Throughout the course, as course topics are discussed, students will be able to continuously apply acquired knowledge to exercises and exam questions. Each exam solutions will be discussed with an emphasis on exam tips
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Knowledge of the MoP guidance at the Foundations and where chosen, Practitioner levels
- Understand the benefits and principles underlying the approach to the Management Portfolios
- Apply the MoP principles within an organsational context
- Introducing the purpose, scope and coverage of Management of Portfolio and setting the context in relation to the other elements of the Best Practice (PRINCE2, MSP, P3O etc).
- This session sets out the objectives and benefits of introducing MoP, focusing on who it is aimed at and what it seek to achieve
- This session sets out the relationship between MoP and other key corporate functions such as Strategic Planning, Performance Management, Corporate Governance, Resource/budgetary Management and Business and usual (BAU) and examines how they can work together to deliver strategic objectives
- The Portfolio Management Principles Represent the Foundations Upon which effective Portfolio Management is built they provide the organizational environments in which the portfolio definition and delivery practices can operate effectively
- There is no right Way to Implement Portfolio Management it will depend on the organizational and Business Circumstances that prevail
- This session looks at the various ways Implementation can be approached and the roles within MoP that supports its delivery and ongoing success
- Focuses on doing the right things by collating key information that will provide clarity to senior management and the wider audience with regards to the collection of change initiatives and how these initiatives will deliver the greatest contribution to the strategic objectives
- Focuses on doing those thing right ensuring the successful implementation of the planned change initiatives as Management of Portfolio 5 agreed in the portfolio strategy and delivery plan, whilst also ensuring that the portfolio adapts to changes in the strategic objectives, project and programme delivery and lessons learned
Simon Seow Poon Shing
Simon Seow Poon Shing is a trainer of caliber excellence in the field of PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology, SSADM System Development Methodology, P30 Portfolio, Programme and Project Office. He graduated from City of London Polytechnic with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies and a Certificate in Programming Technology. He is a Certified Practitioner for PRINCE2 Project Management; P3O Portfolio, Programme & Project Management Office; MSP Programme Management; Accredited Trainer PRINCE2; Accredited Trainer MSP; Certified Practitioner and Trainer SSADM Structured Systems Analysis & Design Methodology.
He is also an Examiner for System Analysis & Design (British Computer Society); a Regional Moderator for National Computing Center, UK and a Founding Member for Malaysian Chapter EDP Auditors Association. He brings with him more than 30 years of experience in a wide range of industries, situations and countries to design programmes for top corporate organizations. He has worked in the UK and in Asia in the field of Finance, Education, IT and Consulting.Read More