Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
MSP-F: Accredited MSP Foundation Level Training & Exam
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
What is MSP & how it works?
MSP offers best practice guidance to help all organisations – public and private sector, large and small – achieve successful outcomes from their programme management time and time again.
All programmes exist in their own unique context that makes it impossible to implement quick-fix solutions. However, it is possible to create a framework for programme implementation and management provided it is based on the right principles.
This MSP training covers the MSP guidance & approach that can bring numerous far-reaching benefits to your organisations:
It ensures that:
- Programmes and Projects are planned eﬀectively so they deliver the outcomes & benefits on time and on budget
- Keep a clear focus on outcomes
- Respond to ongoing changes inside and outside the organisation
- Define responsibilities and lines of communication
- Provide a framework for engaging and involving stakeholders
- Analyse and manage risks eﬀectively
- Audit and manage quality.
- All levels of the Programme & Projects Management Team Members (Programme Director, Programme Manager, Project Manager, Programme Support team members)
- Senior Managers from any discipline, eg, Portfolio Manager, Service Delivery Manager, experience Project Managers, etc
- Key stakeholders in business change Business Analyst, IT Manager, Service Level Manager, Business Change Manager
- Any Individual who needs to use the MSP framework to implement business strategies, policies and initiatives, or large scale change.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Provide industry referenced standards
- Provide a framework of best practice principles and concepts drawn from latest experiences and proven practice
- Enable practitioners to adapt the guidance to real life situations
- Be accessible by teams and organisations as well as by individual practitioners.
- Help practitioners improve their decision making and to become better at implementing beneficial change
- Enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the each product by obtaining a globally recognised qualification.
- What is a Programme Mandate?
- Linking to Policy and Strategy
- Preparing a Programme Brief
- Planning to De¬ne the Programme
- What is a Blueprint?
- What does it contain?
- Developing a Blueprint from the Vision Statement
- Creating a Programme De¬nition Document (including the Project Dossier, the Programme Plan and the Programme Business Case)
- What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed?
- The Project Dossier
- Resourcing and scheduling
- The key driver for the programme
- How benefi¬ts management links to achieving strategic objectives
- Outcome relationship models and Bene¬t Maps
- Planning for benefits realization
- Developing, managing and reviewing the programme’s Business Case
- Organisation and leadership
- Organisational structure, the key roles and their responsibilities
- What is a Programme Office?
- what service does it provide?
- Leadership as opposed to management
- How ‘leaders’ actively engage stakeholders
- Analysing and engaging with stakeholders
- Stakeholder maps and matrices
- Implementing governance arrangements
- Establishing tranches
- Managing risks and issues
- Co-ordinating and managing projects on the Project Dossier
- Starting and closing projects
- Maintaining alignment with the programme
- Ensuring that project outputs are ¬t for purpose and can be integrated into operations, so that benefits can be realised
- Pre-transition, transition and post-transition activities.
- Critical Success Factors
- The scope of programme quality
- Configuration Management
- Quality Management Strategy and Plan
- Information Management Strategy and Plan
- Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues
- Managing and controlling changes in programmes
- Formal confirmation of completion
- Finalising programme information.
- Confirming closure
Simon Seow Poon Shing
Simon Seow Poon Shing is a trainer of caliber excellence in the field of PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology, SSADM System Development Methodology, P30 Portfolio, Programme and Project Office. He graduated from City of London Polytechnic with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies and a Certificate in Programming Technology. He is a Certified Practitioner for PRINCE2 Project Management; P3O Portfolio, Programme & Project Management Office; MSP Programme Management; Accredited Trainer PRINCE2; Accredited Trainer MSP; Certified Practitioner and Trainer SSADM Structured Systems Analysis & Design Methodology.
He is also an Examiner for System Analysis & Design (British Computer Society); a Regional Moderator for National Computing Center, UK and a Founding Member for Malaysian Chapter EDP Auditors Association. He brings with him more than 30 years of experience in a wide range of industries, situations and countries to design programmes for top corporate organizations. He has worked in the UK and in Asia in the field of Finance, Education, IT and Consulting.Read More