Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration – Microsoft 365 security management, Microsoft 365 compliance management, and Microsoft 365 device management. In Microsoft 365 security management, you will examine all the common types of threat vectors and data breaches facing organizations today, and you will learn how Microsoft 365’s security solutions address these security threats. You will be introduced to the Microsoft Secure Score, as well as to Azure Active Directory Identity Protection. You will then learn how to manage the Microsoft 365 security services, including Exchange Online Protection, Advanced Threat Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links. Finally, you will be introduced to the various reports that monitor your security health. You will then transition from security services to threat intelligence; specifically, using the Security Dashboard and Advanced Threat Analytics to stay ahead of potential security breaches. With your Microsoft 365 security components now firmly in place, you will examine the key components of Microsoft 365 compliance management. This begins with an overview of all key aspects of data governance, including data archiving and retention, Information Rights Management, Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (S/MIME), Office 365 message encryption, and data loss prevention (DLP). You will then delve deeper into archiving and retention, paying particular attention to in-place records management in SharePoint, archiving and retention in Exchange, and Retention policies in the Security and Compliance Center. Now that you understand the key aspects of data governance, you will examine how to implement them, including the building of ethical walls in Exchange Online, creating DLP policies from built-in templates, creating custom DLP policies, creating DLP policies to protect documents, and creating policy tips. You will then focus on managing data governance in Microsoft 365, including managing retention in email, troubleshooting retention policies and policy tips that fail, as well as troubleshooting sensitive data. You will then learn how to implement Azure Information Protection and Windows Information Protection. You will conclude this section by learning how to manage search and investigation, including searching for content in the Security and Compliance Center, auditing log investigations, and managing advanced eDiscovery. The course concludes with an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 device management. You will begin by planning for various aspects of device management, including preparing your Windows 10 devices for co-management. You will learn how to transition from Configuration Manager to Intune, and you will be introduced to the Microsoft Store for Business and Mobile Application Management. At this point, you will transition from planning to implementing device management; specifically, your Windows 10 deployment strategy. This includes learning how to implement Windows Autopilot, Windows Analytics, and Mobile Device Management (MDM). When examining MDM, you will learn how to deploy it, how to enroll devices to MDM, and how to manage device compliance.
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
• Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
• A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
• A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
• Microsoft 365 Security Metrics
• Microsoft 365 Security Services
• Microsoft 365 Threat Intelligence
• Data Governance in Microsoft 365
• Archiving and Retention in Office 365
• Data Governance in Microsoft 365 Intelligence
• Search and Investigations
• Device Management
• Windows 10 Deployment Strategies
• Mobile Device Management
• Introduction to Exchange Online Protection
• Introduction to Advanced Threat Protection
• Managing Safe Attachments
• Managing Safe Links
• Monitoring and Reports
Lab: Manage Microsoft 365 Security Services
• Exercise 1 - Set up a Microsoft 365 Trial Tenant
• Exercise 2 - Implement an ATP Safe Links policy and Safe Attachment policy
• Overview of Microsoft 365 Threat Intelligence
• Using the Security Dashboard
• Configuring Advanced Threat Analytics
• Implementing Your Cloud Application Security
Lab: Implement Alert Notifications Using the Security Dashboard
• Exercise 1 - Prepare for implementing Alert Policies
• Exercise 2 - Implement Security Alert Notifications
• Exercise 3 - Implement Group Alerts
• Exercise 4 - Implement eDiscovery Alerts
• Introduction to Archiving in Microsoft 365
• Introduction to Retention in Microsoft 365
• Introduction to Information Rights Management
• Introduction to Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
• Introduction to Office 365 Message Encryption
• Introduction to Data Loss Prevention
• In-Place Records Management in SharePoint
• Archiving and Retention in Exchange
• Retention Policies in the SCC
Lab: Implement Archiving and Retention
• Exercise 1 - Initialize Compliance in Your Organization
• Exercise 2 - Configure Retention Tags and Policies
• Exercise 3 - Implement Retention Policies
• Planning Your Security and Complaince Needs
• Building Ethical Walls in Exchange Online
• Creating a Simple DLP Policy from a Built-in Template
• Creating a Custom DLP Policy
• Creating a DLP Policy to Protect Documents
• Working with Policy Tips
Lab: Implement DLP Policies
• Exercise 1 - Manage DLP Policies
• Exercise 2 - Test MRM and DLP Policies
• Managing Retention in Email
• Troubleshooting Data Governance
• Implementing Azure Information Protection
• Implementing Advanced Features of AIP
• Implementing Windows Information Protection
Lab: Implement AIP and WIP
• Exercise 1 - Implement Azure Information Protection
• Exercise 2 - Implement Windows Information Protection
• Searching for Content in the Security and Compliance Center
• Auditing Log Investigations
• Managing Advanced eDiscovery
Lab: Manage Search and Investigations
• Exercise 1 - Investigate Your Microsoft 365 Data
• Exercise 2 - Configure and Deploy a Data Subject Request
• Introduction to Co-management
• Preparing Your Windows 10 Devices for Co-management
• Transitioning from Configuration Manager to Intune
• Introduction to Microsoft Store for Business
• Planning for Mobile Application Management
Lab: Implement the Microsoft Store for Business
• Exercise 1 - Configure the Microsoft Store for Business
• Exercise 2 - Manage the Microsoft Store for Business
• Windows 10 Deployment Scenarios
• Implementing Windows Autopilot
• Planning Your Windows 10 Subscription Activation Strategy
• Resolving Windows 10 Upgrade Errors
• Introduction to Windows Analytics
• Planning Mobile Device Management
• Deploying Mobile Device Management
• Enrolling Devices to MDM
• Managing Device Compliance
Lab: Manage Devices with Intune
• Exercise 1 - Enable Device Management
• Exercise 2 - Configure Azure AD for Intune
• Exercise 3 - Create Intune Policies
• Exercise 4 - Enroll a Windows 10 Device
• Exercise 5 - Manage and Monitor a Device in Intune
Gerald Hoong Seng Kah
Gerald has 19 years of information technology experience and on community service and event experiences, he excels impressively. He was invited as a speaker for 3 break-out sessions for Microsoft TechED SEA 2008 on SQL Server 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He even participated at the “Ask-The-Expert" booth for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 at the Heroes Launch 2008 and conducted a Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, formerly code-named “Orcas" Metro workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
He was invited as a speaker on various occasions such as during the 2 break-out sessions and 3 instructor-led sessions at Microsoft TechED SEA 2007 on SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 respectively at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. He was also a speaker for an instructor-led session at Microsoft TechEd SEA 2006 on development of web parts using Windows SharePoint Services Version 3.0 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He conducted a few Microsoft Office 2007 Touchdown workshops for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and ISVs. He also conducted a Microsoft Windows Server code-named “Longhorn" Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System workshop for Microsoft Certfied Partners and ISVs.
He was invited as a guest speaker on Microsoft Office 2007 development for the MIND community, which is an active IT community under the helm of Microsoft. He is a committee member of SQL Practitioners Alliance Network (SPAN).
He was the co- speaker and tag team presenter at
the recently concluded World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Las Vegas, USA. He was the only Malaysian presenter among
the other presenters from Asia.
In March 2014, he participated as co-speaker and tag team presenter at the World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Venetian Hotel and Resorts, Las Vegas, USA.
Recently, he conducted a specialized Microsoft SharePoint training and consultancy for a team of 17 people from Carlsberg Group at Carlsberg & Jacobsen Brewhouse in Copenhagen, Denmark.Read More
Mohd Adam Kane
Started training in early 1997 after returning from Singapore and have been actively participating in IT projects and consultation while conducting freelance training. He was a Senior Trainer with Info Trek focus on Unified Communications, Messaging Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure Management and Microsoft Server Systems.He brings to the classroom for all to share his many years of experience in project roll out and consultancy such as Operating System Migration, Messaging Infrastructure Deployment & Migration, System Center Deployment, Data Center Planning & Management, Identity Management, Unified Communication Implementation, Disaster Recovery, Fibre Network Implementation, High Availability Deployment and Network Management. Read More
Lim Boon Kok
Lim has been working in the IT industry for the past 16 years. He leads, plans and supports a functionally organized, technically oriented team and environment with a wide variety of technical activities and service operations. He is good in developing and implementing IT initiatives for regional service operation activities and actively participates in global projects to align corporate/regional direction and IT standard according to ITIL operational framework and software development. He has a strong ability to develop team growth, people skills and technology in a well-organized workforce. Read More