LITP: Lean IT Leadership
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Any publication on the application of Lean principles within organizations will mention the critical importance of leadership to the success of the initiative, or the lack of success if leadership is absent. That is why this certification has a prominent place in the Lean IT Association's certification scheme.
There are thousands of publications on Leadership, many on Leadership in IT, less on Lean leadership and very few on Lean leadership within the IT context. This course brings together published ideas on leadership and leadership in IT, and combines this with practical experience from Lean IT practitioners, to provide a well-rounded view of Lean leadership within IT.
This course is useful for managers and professionals who want to lead the change towards being a Lean organization.
Managers and professionals in (IT) organizations
A LEAN IT Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite for this course.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Lean Leadership
- Know the application of Lean Leadership in the IT Context
- Use the Lean IT Leadership development model
- Develop yourself towards being a Lean IT leader
- Help others in developing themselves as Lean IT leaders
- Align the Vision and Goals of your organization
- Understand the concept of change in an organization
- Understand how to take the lead in changing your organization
- Introduction on leadership
- The key element of Lean Leadership
- Leadership in the IT context
- How to develop yourself
- The concept of Shu-ha-Ri
- The “kata” of leadership
- Go to the Gemba- to develop yourself
- The concept of standard work for Lean IT Leaders
- The Gemba – as standard work
- Aligning meetings
- The value of creating habits
- How to develop others
- Go to the Gemba – to develop others
- Performance dialogue
- T-type leaders
- Skills & Knowledge matrix
- What is teamwork?
- Effective teams
- The value of trust
- Daily kaizen
- Hoshin Kanri
- The use of visual management
- Cascading goals – catchball mechanism
- Mental models
- Leading meetings
- Day on a life of the Lean IT Leader
- Organizational change
- Lean IT transformations
- Change: Top-down or bottom-up?
- Change story
- Sample exam
- How to prepare the exam check out
Michiel Roelof De BoerMichiel holds the highest ITIL credential – the ITIL Service Manager (Masters) certification. He is also a certified ITIL Service Manager who teaches Foundation, Practitioners and Service Management. He gained his experience in various local and international companies worldwide where he had executed roles as Manager, Consultant, Project Manager and Instructor as well as having experience in the finance, automation, industry, airlines, logistics, medical and telecommunication sectors. He is experienced in translating business objectives into manageable deliverables, initiating quick wins and creates an environment for continuous improvement. With a management style which is based on coaching and team play, he can effectively communicate with the members of the board as well as employees at various levels of an operation and in many different cultures.