LIT-313: Lean IT Association Leadership
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Any publication on the application of Lean principles within organizations will mention the critical importance of leadership to the success of the initiative, or the lack of success if leadership is absent. That is why this certification has a prominent place in the Lean IT Association's certification scheme.
There are thousands of publications on Leadership, many on Leadership in IT, less on Lean leadership and very few on Lean leadership within the IT context. This course brings together published ideas on leadership and leadership in IT, and combines this with practical experience from Lean IT practitioners, to provide a well-rounded view of Lean leadership within IT.
This course is useful for managers and professionals who want to lead the change towards being a Lean organization
A LEAN IT Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite for this course
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Lean Leadership
- Know the application of Lean Leadership in the IT Context
- Use the Lean IT Leadership development model
- Develop yourself towards being a Lean IT leader
- Help others in developing themselves as Lean IT leaders
- Align the Vision and Goals of your organization
- Understand the concept of change in an organization
- Understand how to take the lead in changing your organization
- Introduction on leadership
- The key element of Lean Leadership
- Leadership in the IT context
- How to develop yourself
- The concept of Shu-ha-Ri
- The “kata” of leadership
- Go to the Gemba- to develop yourself
- The concept of standard work for Lean IT Leaders
- The Gemba – as standard work
- Aligning meetings
- The value of creating habits
- How to develop others
- Go to the Gemba – to develop others
- Performance dialogue
- T-type leaders
- Skills & Knowledge matrix
- What is teamwork?
- Effective teams
- The value of trust
- Daily kaizen
- Hoshin Kanri
- The use of visual management
- Cascading goals – catchball mechanism
- Mental models
- Leading meetings
- Day on a life of the Lean IT Leader
- Organizational change
- Lean IT transformations
- Change: Top-down or bottom-up?
- Change story
- Sample exam
- How to prepare the exam check out