I20-203: ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation
Starting FromRM 4200.003 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course provides a basic insight in the specifications and code of practice for ISO/ IEC20000 and covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005)
- Some of the main differences are as follows:
- Closer alignment to ISO 9001
- Closer alignment to ISO/IEC 27001
- Change of terminology to reflect international usage
- Clarification of the requirements for the governance of processes operated by other parties
- Clarification of the requirements for defining the scope of the SMS
- Clarification that the PDCA methodology applies to the SMS, including the service management processes, and the services
- Introduction of new requirements for the design and transition of new or changed services
Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification test which is one of the possible pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard for IT Service Management. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and handouts to prepare participants for the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification exam
At the end of this course the student will be able to understand the scope, objectives and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification process.
Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- The operation of the APMG Certification Scheme
- The relationship with best practices and related standards
Raja Segaran AL AmasiRaja Segaran Amasi has over 10 years of working experience in ICT operations with large telecommunication and outsourcing companies. During this period, he was involved in multiple projects in process improvement to achieve organizational efficiency.He was actively involved in the setup of an IT service desk and service management best practices process (incident, problem and change management) implementation within the IT support structure. His specialization is in data centre operations and service operations. During his professional career with a large outsourcing company, he was actively involved in ISO20000 certification and in the initial stage of design ITIL based service management process owners for at least 3 processes.Raja Segaran's strengths are his seniority, combining experience and helicopter-view, sense of humour and enthusiasm. He strongly believes that IT is about achieving results together and being a team player. His impressive list of clients included DH: ITSC, Shell IT International, Dell Asia Pacific, HP India, Microsoft Thailand, Microsoft Korea, EMC Australia, Wipro India, Infosys India, Siemens India, Prudential Asia Pacific, Intel Penang, AMD Penang, CSA Penang, Fairchild Semiconductor Penang and MISC.
Michiel Roelof De BoerMichiel holds the highest ITIL credential – the ITIL Service Manager (Masters) certification. He is also a certified ITIL Service Manager who teaches Foundation, Practitioners and Service Management. He gained his experience in various local and international companies worldwide where he had executed roles as Manager, Consultant, Project Manager and Instructor as well as having experience in the finance, automation, industry, airlines, logistics, medical and telecommunication sectors. He is experienced in translating business objectives into manageable deliverables, initiating quick wins and creates an environment for continuous improvement. With a management style which is based on coaching and team play, he can effectively communicate with the members of the board as well as employees at various levels of an operation and in many different cultures.