Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Already purchased this offering? Log in
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
HDP Developer: Storm and Trident Fundamentals
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course provides a technical introduction to the fundamentals of Apache Storm and Trident that includes the concepts, terminology, architecture, installation, operation, and management of Storm and Trident. Simple Storm and Trident code excerpts are provided throughout the course. The course also includes an introduction to, and code samples for, Apache Kafka. Apache Kafka is a messaging system that is commonly used in concert with Storm and Trident.
This course is excellent for Data architects, data integration architects, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators or developers who want to understand the fundamentals of Storm and Trident.
No previous Hadoop or programming knowledge is required. Students will need browser access to the Internet.
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize differences between batch and real-time data processing
- Define Storm elements including tuples, streams, spouts, topologies, worker processes, executors, and stream groupings
- Explain and install Storm architectural components,
- including Nimbus, Supervisors, and ZooKeeper cluster
- Recognize/interpret Java code for a spout, bolt, or topology
- Identify how to develop and submit a topology to a local or remote distributed cluster
- Recognize and explain the differences between reliable and unreliable Storm operation
- Manage and monitor Storm using the command-line client or browser-based Storm User Interface (UI)
- Define Kafka topics, producers, consumers, and brokers
- Publish Kafka messages to Storm or Trident topologies
- Define Trident elements including tuples, streams, batches, partitions, topologies, Trident spouts, and operations
- Recognize and interpret the code for Trident operations, including filters, functions, aggregations, merges, and joins
- Recognize the differences between the different types of Trident state
- Identify how Trident state supports exactly-once processing
- semantics and idempotent operation
- Recognize the differences in fault tolerance between different types of Trident spouts
- Recognize and interpret the code for Trident state-based operations
To Be Confirm