Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Already purchased this offering? Log in
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
HDP Developer: Java
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This advanced course provides Java programmers a deep-dive into Hadoop application development. Students will learn how to design and develop efficient and effective MapReduce applications for Hadoop using the Hortonworks Data Platform, including how to implement combiners, practitioners, secondary sorts, custom input and output formats, joining large datasets, unit testing, and developing UDFs for Pig and Hive. Labs are run on a 7-node HDP 2.1 cluster running in a virtual machine that students can keep for use after the training.
This course is excellent for Experienced Java software engineers who need to develop Java MapReduce applications for Hadoop.
Students must have experience developing Java applications and using a Java IDE. Labs are completed using the Eclipse IDE and Gradle. No prior Hadoop knowledge is required.
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe Hadoop 2 and the Hadoop Distributed File System
- Describe the YARN framework
- Develop and run a Java MapReduce application on YARN
- Use combiners and in-map aggregation
- Write a custom partitioner to avoid data skew on reducers
- Perform a secondary sort
- Recognize use cases for built-in input and output formats
- Write a custom MapReduce input and output format
- Optimize a MapReduce job
- Configure MapReduce to optimize mappers and reducers
- Develop a custom RawComparator class
- Distribute files as LocalResources
- Describe and perform join techniques in Hadoop
- Perform unit tests using the UnitMR API
- Describe the basic architecture of HBase
- Write an HBase MapReduce application
- List use cases for Pig and Hive
- Write a simple Pig script to explore and transform big data
- Write a Pig UDF (User-Defined Function) in Java
- Write a Hive UDF in Java
- Use JobControl class to create a MapReduce workflow
- Use Oozie to define and schedule workflows
To Be Confirm