Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
HDP Developer: Custom YARN Applications
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is designed for developers who want to create custom YARN applications for Apache Hadoop. It will include: the YARN architecture, YARN development steps, writing aYARN client and Application Master, and launching Containers. The course uses Eclipse and Gradle connected remotely to a 7-node HDP cluster running in a virtual machine.
Students should be experienced Java developers who have attended HDP Developer: Java OR HDP Developer: Pig and Hive OR are experienced with Hadoop and MapReduce development.
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the YARN architecture
- Describe the YARN application lifecycle
- Write a YARN client application
- Run a YARN application on a Hadoop cluster
- Monitor the status of a running YARN application
- View the aggregated logs of a YARN application
- Configure a Container Launch Context
- Use a Local Resource to share application files across a cluster
- Write a YARN Application Master
- Describe the differences between synchronous and
- asynchronous Application Masters
- Allocate Containers in a cluster
- Launch Containers on Node Managers
- Write a custom Container to perform specific business logic
- Explain the job schedulers of the Resource Manager
- Define queues for the Capacity Scheduler
To Be Confirm