Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Already purchased this offering? Log in
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
HDP Developer: Apache Pig and Hive
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is designed for developers who need to create applications to analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Pig and Hive. Topics include: Hadoop, YARN, HDFS, MapReduce, data ingestion, workflow definition and using Pig and Hive to perform data analytics on Big Data. Labs are executed on a 7-node HDP cluster.
This course is excellent for Software developers who need to understand and develop applications for Hadoop.
Students should be familiar with programming principles and have experience in software development. SQL knowledge is also helpful. No prior Hadoop knowledge is required.
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe Hadoop, YARN and use cases for Hadoop
- Describe Hadoop ecosystem tools and frameworks
- Describe the HDFS architecture
- Use the Hadoop client to input data into HDFS
- Transfer data between Hadoop and a relational database
- Explain YARN and MaoReduce architectures
- Run a MapReduce job on YARN
- Use Pig to explore and transform data in HDFS
- Use Hive to explore Understand how Hive tables are defined and implemented and analyze data sets
- Use the new Hive windowing functions
- Explain and use the various Hive file formats
- Create and populate a Hive table that uses ORC file formats
- Use Hive to run SQL-like queries to perform data analysis
- Use Hive to join datasets using a variety of techniques,including Map-side joins and Sort-Merge-Bucket joins
- Write efficient Hive queries
- Create ngrams and context ngrams using Hive
- Perform data analytics like quantiles and page rank on Big Data using the DataFu Pig library
- Explain the uses and purpose of HCatalog
- Use HCatalog with Pig and Hive
- Define a workflow using Oozie
- Schedule a recurring workflow using the Oozie Coordinator
To Be Confirm