Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
Enhancing Business Correspondence
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Our correspondence today is mainly via email and minimally the hardcopy by snail mail. Therefore, there is need to ensure that the messages that are sent out take the form which is compact yet comprehensive.
The ultimate meaning of communication is the response that we get rather than merely conveying the message. We need to frame our message in order to set the common ground for an accurate response to be received – this is the first pre-supposition of META NLP, which is “the map is not the territory”. When the scenario is properly set, we will be able to avoid the pitfall of allowing the recipient “to respond according to their internal maps” another pre-supposition of META NLP.
In business correspondence, being able to subscribe to Deming’s “that what can be measured can be controlled” helps to ensure that we convey information accurately which encourages the reply to be so reciprocated.
Nonetheless, business correspondence must subscribe to conventions, apply a higher form of English and have proper grammar.
Clerks and above
• E-Manual will be on-line
• Content and Exercises are on pptx.
• Responses can be face-to-face or submitted on-line and reviewed
• To craft correspondences which “lock” the recipient into responding
• To apply principles of quality in writing
• To distinguish the different genres of writing
• To capture the essence of the message business-like
• To eliminate non-standard English
• Evolution of Correspondence
• Genre of Writing
• Levels of Language
• Understanding Convention in Writing
• Snail-mail versus e-mail
• Improved convention for e-mail
• Differences between Formal and Informal Email
• Types of Readers
• Crafting of Subject Lines
• Construction of Expectations from recipient
• Skill of using YOU/ YOUR
• Hierarchy of information
• Focused intention
• Reader-centric Writing
• Using the Cs
• Rectifying non-standard English
• Choice of fonts
• Identifying Empty Writing
• Status of emojis and emoticons
• Understanding rally e-mail
• Importance of Summaries
• Creating Summaries
To Be Confirm