DO380: Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: High Availability
Starting FromRM 3740.0028 Hours
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
· Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
· Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
· Configure storage providers and storage classes.
· Manage OpenShift certificates.
· Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
· Diagnose cluster health.
· Scale OpenShift clusters.
· Manage OpenShift resources.
This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
· Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
· Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
· Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
· Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer and operate large, fault-tolerant OpenShift clusters. You will design and implement a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. These skills will allow the organization to provide and maintain a resilient platform on which developers can deploy production-scale containerized applications.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design, install, and configure a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. You will learn how to adapt the OpenShift cluster to work with existing infrastructure, such as security and storage providers. You should be able to perform various Day 2 operational procedures intended to maintain an efficient OpenShift cluster. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
· Design and install a highly available cluster.
· Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
· Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
· Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
· Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
· Back up and restore critical data for the cluster.
· Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
· Configure the LDAP security provider.
· Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.
Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure various advanced networking features and options.
Kelvin Lai Kok FoongTechnical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce.